The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Thoughts on Barry?
Reply 181
Original post by dosvidaniya
I'm so glad we're going into big games like Man United and Liverpool thinking we can win, and refusing to change our style of play. As good as Moyes was for us, I never got the feeling we could win against the big teams with his 'damage limitation tactics'.

Bar against Chelsea at goodison. :sigh:
But bar that Martinez has done a great job, Loan deloufeu for another season, Lukaku will most likely be at chelsea unless you make CL.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
But bar that Martinez has done a great job, Loan deloufeu for another season, Lukaku will most likely be at chelsea unless you make CL.

Starting to like how Martinez is utilizing Deulofeu. Slowly easing him in and let him run free. Would be happy to let Deulo stay at Everton for another season. Although they can't keep him :ahee:
Original post by Slick Fosbury
Thoughts on Barry?

Hes a good player for us, I really think we should sign him at the end of the season.

=============================================================
Hope this happens aswell http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23264102
Original post by IdeasForLife
Hes a good player for us, I really think we should sign him at the end of the season.

=============================================================
Hope this happens aswell http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23264102

I'd say he has been our best and most important player this season, along with Jags maybe.

We still got the three points though :tongue:

I do think Lukaku is quite a long way away from being a starter for a big club like Chelsea tbh. Got the attributes to be a very good player, but needs to work on his first touch, hold up play, decision making, conditioning/pressing in particular. Still a bit rough around the edges if you ask me.
Reply 186
We still got the three points though :tongue:

I do think Lukaku is quite a long way away from being a starter for a big club like Chelsea tbh. Got the attributes to be a very good player, but needs to work on his first touch, hold up play, decision making, conditioning/pressing in particular. Still a bit rough around the edges if you ask me.

True, but sanding lukaku is easier than making torres sharp. :lol:

It's no different to how people viewed sturridge as raw and rough on the edges, when he got games for liverpool he's shown that he could easily have started for us. Lukaku I feel is the same.
True, but sanding lukaku is easier than making torres sharp. :lol:

It's no different to how people viewed sturridge as raw and rough on the edges, when he got games for liverpool he's shown that he could easily have started for us. Lukaku I feel is the same.

Yeah I see what you mean, but I think the sturridge thing was more of an issue with attitude and being played out of position with chelsea. I think loaning lukaku out to us for a season was the best move for his development, even seeing how bad chelsea' s strikers are playing atm, in my opinion anyway.
What do people rate our chances at getting top four? I think we don't have the strength in depth or resources to improve the squad in January, but I'm really liking our set-up and if Mirallas, Deulofeu and Pienaar can chip in with a few more goals, and Barkley continues to develop, we have an outside chance maybe? Most probably a step too far though. United are likely to buy in January, Spurs have a big squad and always seem to have money to spend and Liverpool have a Suarez. But a boy can dream :moon:
Reply 189
What do people rate our chances at getting top four? I think we don't have the strength in depth or resources to improve the squad in January, but I'm really liking our set-up and if Mirallas, Deulofeu and Pienaar can chip in with a few more goals, and Barkley continues to develop, we have an outside chance maybe? Most probably a step too far though. United are likely to buy in January, Spurs have a big squad and always seem to have money to spend and Liverpool have a Suarez. But a boy can dream :moon:

Not enough depth, but you got a very good tactician in Martinez and a very good first team, almost comparable to that of the top 4 on your day. As a Chelsea fan, I'd rather have your CM's than our current ones e.g. while the likes of mirallas, Deulofeu and Pienaar are quality players when utilized properly.

I think you have a very good strikeforce tbh, I know Kone hasn't had a great start, but he'll come good, while the likes of Jelavic is a solid player. Although I hear that you're getting in another striker in january.
Not enough depth, but you got a very good tactician in Martinez and a very good first team, almost comparable to that of the top 4 on your day. As a Chelsea fan, I'd rather have your CM's than our current ones e.g. while the likes of mirallas, Deulofeu and Pienaar are quality players when utilized properly.

I think you have a very good strikeforce tbh, I know Kone hasn't had a great start, but he'll come good, while the likes of Jelavic is a solid player. Although I hear that you're getting in another striker in january.

Yeah, Martinez has won the tactical battle in some big games this year, most enjoyable being our performance against Liverpool (bar set pieces). I think Kone could maybe be a decent back up for us, but Jelavic has been so poor I think its time to let him go.

Chelsea fan huh, I thought this was going to be Hazard's year to shine. Doesn't seem to be playing as well as I thought he would though from what I've seen?
Reply 191
Yeah, Martinez has won the tactical battle in some big games this year, most enjoyable being our performance against Liverpool (bar set pieces). I think Kone could maybe be a decent back up for us, but Jelavic has been so poor I think its time to let him go.

Chelsea fan huh, I thought this was going to be Hazard's year to shine. Doesn't seem to be playing as well as I thought he would though from what I've seen?

Martinez has got you playing good football tbf and getting results compared to with David Moyes who only cared about the result for you guys which often lead to your team being lackluster away against the big teams.

Hazard seems to be slightly inconstient. On his day no fullback can handle him , I think that he'll get a balon d'or later on in his career, I can only imagine how he'll be like around age 28.
Didn't play as good as we could have. Still, won 4-1, so guess I can't complain :biggrin:
And to think we only paid £150,000 for Coleman.
Reply 194
Original post by IdeasForLife
And to think we only paid £150,000 for Coleman.

£60k
Best right back in the league.
Man didn't realize Deulo would be out till late January :sad:

Just when he was starting to hit a nice patch.
Really hope Everton do well this season i.e finish top 4. I don't think Moyes held you guys back at all, I just think that's the best he could get out of the team. Hopefully you'll get a few players on loan in January. Cheeky loan bid for Mata? (though you don't need him) But there are plenty of "quality" players everton could get on loan until the end of the season
FS Howard got sent off and only 22 mins in.

And they scored :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Looked like a dive to me, red for Howard is harsh.

Quick Reply

Latest