The Student Room Group

HELP !! Deciding whether I should do an apprenticeship or go to university for chem

HELP !!
As the title says.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could come to a decision. Any help will be much appreciated.
Do you have offers for both?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you have offers for both?

I’m going into year 13 so I’m just trying to decide on whether I should apply to apprenticeships next year. (I will be still applying to universities as Ik apprenticeships are really competitive so I’m not guaranteed a space)
Original post by Kady77
I’m going into year 13 so I’m just trying to decide on whether I should apply to apprenticeships next year. (I will be still applying to universities as Ik apprenticeships are really competitive so I’m not guaranteed a space)

If it’s something you’re considering then it’s worth applying.

If you get offers for both then you can decide later on which to do.
Reply 4
Original post by Kady77

Applying for apprenticeships will be good experience for you. Having more than one option to choose from would be a nice position to be in. So yes it would be a good idea to apply and keep your options open.
Reply 5
Original post by Kady77
HELP !!
As the title says.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could come to a decision. Any help will be much appreciated.

Look at apprenticeships this way:

If your goal was to be a top league footballer and your favourite team was Liverpool FC, it would make sense to train at Liverpool FC academy right? It would also make sense to train at, say, Man City academy, in the hope of securing a “transfer” later. It wouldn’t make as much sense to go to Bradford FC academy with the same ambitions.

In other words, is the quality of the apprenticeship to the level of your ambitions? If yes, it’s going to be the easiest way to get your foot into the door with your desired employer.

If you want to be an academic or don’t know what you want to do, full time university or a gap year might be best. It will keep your options broad and allow you to narrow down career goals over time.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending