The Student Room Group

I got 2 questions

1st question
Between 2011-2012 my mum earned £24500 however on the student finance website the bar that shows how much maintenance loan and grant only begins at £25k, how will i find out how much grant & loan i'll get since 24500 isn't available on the bar?

2nd question
The uni i've firmed is £7800 tuition fee per year, however i'll do better than the BBB i need, meaning that i'll apply to a better uni on results day. The uni i'll apply for is most likely gonna cost £9k per year. Would i be able to contact student finance to increase the tuition fee payment when i've been accepted by the new university that want £1200 extra fee?
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
1st question
Between 2011-2012 my mum earned £24500 however on the student finance website the bar that shows how much maintenance loan and grant only begins at £25k, how will i find out how much grant & loan i'll get since 24500 isn't available on the bar?

2nd question
The uni i've firmed is £7800 tuition fee per year, however i'll do better than the BBB i need, meaning that i'll apply to a better uni on results day. The uni i'll apply for is most likely gonna cost £9k per year. Would i be able to contact student finance to increase the tuition fee payment when i've been accepted by the new university that want £1200 extra fee?

Hi CoolStoryBroo,

You can use the amount of 25k on the slider, this represents any household income between 0 and £25000. So your grant will be £3354 and if your living away from loan outside London your loan will be £3823.

For your second question you should apply as normal using your £7800 tuition fee figure by 31st May. However should you wish to go through Adjustment to a university that charges more, you just have to contact student finance and tell them you are going somewhere else and what the 'new' tuition fee is once you have confirmed your new place.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending