The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
about .rtf i honestly aint got a clue why they want it

I learn all this stuff by just playing around with it or people showing me but im still a techno-noob sorta
Reply 3981
hermaphrodite
I'm a technophobe - and scared to try out new things in technoland. so naturally i'm not too keen on it.

why would they want it in rtf format anyway? is it cos they're still on the old version and they can open it if it's in rtf, but can't if i send it as it is?

Yep, they want it in .rtf because you can open the file using virtually anything and takes less space.

There's nothing to be scared of, you learn by making mistakes. If you see a big red button labelled "Do NOT Press", only then should you not press it. ;no; Though of course, curiosity may get the better of you. ;yes; :p:
lol this forums pretty cool :smile:

can i join?

names keshma Chowdhury and yh iam bangladeshi ^^
Star786
Blackburn, ur ryt M.A.H :yy: . hmm k kul. wat course r u takin in uni Bengali_Beauty? erm i think it is hard work in uni, but u get plenty of time to do it, well im jus sayin 4rom first yr experience. :smile:
So... wat r u all doin over easter ?

hey...thought id give you an update..im not going to QMary...my dad talked some sense in 2 me and said i should study what i originally applied for..which was molecular biology not something which is completley different...theyr havent given it to me...so im goin 2 brighton :frown:..unfortuantely..that is close to my home..and my dads resteraunt :angry: damn it!..but meh..its good for the educational side.

Nyways..how is everyone easter?
Reply 3984
Bengali_Beauty_

Nyways..how is everyone easter?

Good. Laying eggs :biggrin:

JayEm ... you know you love HP!!! :rolleyes: hehe
oh and its not amazing that my parents are all educated :frown: it means I have extra pressure to do really good and get into greeeaaaat unis since everyone else in my large extended family is a graduate...and it took ages for me to convince them to let me have the tutor, they kept telling me how I should get tutored by them but it was hard cuz they keep complicating everything/shouting :p: AND I cant just piss around on MSN and pretend to work cuz they have 'been there done that' :mad:
Bengali_Beauty, Comilla is a name of a small town in Bangladesh :smile:
hermaphrodite my parents are like in their mid 40s? :confused:
Abhinaya my Physics is extremely disabled and my Maths ain too good :redface:
My mom [and dad] were pretty pissed I wasn't doing something science/mathematics orientated :frown: my mom was really really REALLY pissed when she found out I wasn't applying to Imperial and I was like eh what would be the point, I'm not getting in anyway its hard to impress my family :frown: only child as well so I can't reply on any siblings to make their dreams come true lol

Ohhh happy easter everyone :smile:
chocolate_brownie

JayEm ... you know you love HP!!! :rolleyes: hehe
oh and its not amazing that my parents are all educated :frown: it means I have extra pressure to do really good and get into greeeaaaat unis since everyone else in my large extended family is a graduate...and it took ages for me to convince them to let me have the tutor, they kept telling me how I should get tutored by them but it was hard cuz they keep complicating everything/shouting :p: AND I cant just piss around on MSN and pretend to work cuz they have 'been there done that' :mad:
Bengali_Beauty, Comilla is a name of a small town in Bangladesh :smile:
hermaphrodite my parents are like in their mid 40s? :confused:
Abhinaya my Physics is extremely disabled and my Maths ain too good :redface:
My mom [and dad] were pretty pissed I wasn't doing something science/mathematics orientated :frown: my mom was really really REALLY pissed when she found out I wasn't applying to Imperial and I was like eh what would be the point, I'm not getting in anyway its hard to impress my family :frown: only child as well so I can't reply on any siblings to make their dreams come true lol

Ohhh happy easter everyone :smile:

Ooooo..i feel bad 4 u...not in an offensive way.
so have u applied 2 unis yet?..wat u studying?

x:wink:
Dont worry none taken :biggrin: yeah applied after a [total waste] gap year, right now I've got offers from City [Banking and International Finance - AAB], QMUL [Economics, Finance and Management - ABB] and SOAS [Economics and Development Studies - AAB] ... still waiting for KCL [Business Management] and LSE rejected me :frown: but TOTALLY their loss right lol :P making a decision is super stressful though ahhhh its so far SOAS 75% firm, QMUL has to be my insurance since thats the lowest condition :frown: what about yourself?? Something to do with chemistry and QMUL and Brighton right??? Shh dont worry I'm not a stalker :smile:
lol...gd ur not a stalker!..

well i think ive made my mind up..well my dad has made his mind up...i mite end up going to brighton to study biological science < not exactly to do with chemistry..at least i hope not :s..lol
and at QMUL i originally applied to study molecular biology, but they said no and gave me another offer to study SCIENCE ENGINEERING< a boy subject!!!..grrrr...and now im asking if i can replace that with just plain biology..its all soo ******ed up! sorry about my french!

and i applied also at kingston but its not that gd, so not choosing it..and recieved 2 rejections..well 1, and i declined one ..rejected from brunel uni, and i declined KCL...theyr grades required are too high, and they were taking ages...and the subject i chose...wasnt there so i chose anotherone..n researched it later..didnt like it.!lol

how comes your gap year was a total waste of time?

Good luck with your offers.
xxx
cuz instead of working or travelling or having fun, I was/am stuck in a private college full of snobbish *****, redoing my A levels :frown:
engineering wow :O let me know how the QMUL thing goes! what do you wanna get into career wise?
x
im nt gonna go for QMUL..if they dnt change the subject..lol..its not my cup of tea...even though i want 2 go 2 QMUL..i wnt go there 2 study something which ive never done in my life, and dont want to do

but in general i wanna work in researching..maybe hospitals..hence biological sciences etc.. what about you?

x
chocolate_brownie
cuz instead of working or travelling or having fun, I was/am stuck in a private college full of snobbish *****, redoing my A levels :frown:
engineering wow :O let me know how the QMUL thing goes! what do you wanna get into career wise?
x

thats reason enuf
I might have to take ANOTHER gap year...that would be really sucky :frown: cuz then I would be 20 when starting uni!!! Ahhh mature student terrotory :O
Bengali_Beauty I wanna get into finance and banking, that kinda area :smile: but i also wanna help the world so I'm thinking of studying development...cuz Dr. Yunus's microcredit was amazing :biggrin: nobel prize woohoo :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
hmmm i like ur style of thinking :cool: ..lol

same i wanna do something for the world..well the poor and helpless..i mentioned this alot in my personal statement for unis...thats probably y i got offers :rolleyes: lol.hmm..but yeh i agree, Dr.Yunus's achievements were outstanding..
:p:
x
My econ teacher is in love with Dr Yunus :biggrin: mans made us bare proud! And hes done something amazing for the country as well....I think when you come from a LEDC you feel more in helping people out because most of us have been there and seen how these people survive. Its not even tree hugging or whatever but when like I spend sooo much money on things like chocolate and just one pound would help someone live for even a week...I think everyone should give something to charities specially for LEDCs since every penny makes a difference in those countries...think about it if everyone in the UK gave 1 p to the charity we would easily have money to help an entire village for a year? Its really sad though because you cant even trust charity organisations in bangladesh because of the level of corruption :frown: 200 million dollars were corrupted out of Nigeria in the past 20 years can you believe it :O
opps lol I went kinda overboard...blame it on revision! Development economics makes you think though init...like all the money that was found in all those Bengali politician's homes, why would you possibly even need SO much? I hope we all grow up and do things for our homeland :smile: like my uncle's and aunts helped built a school in our village but even then its hard to make the system politically correct. My uncle found out that the guy in charge was actually charging villagers for education that was set up to be free!

Ok ok I'll stop now I promise :smile:
lol..theres nothing wrong with you going overboard on this discussion....in fact its good.

im glad some people are helping our homeland....however you never you might be helping someone who infact takes in the help, i.e donations and then uses it on something else, like the example you gave up..that man..YaAllah i do find some of the poor a little greedy, and the ones who arent even poor.

couple of weeks ago, i gave as much as money as i could straight from my savings, just for the hurricane sidr survivors etc. i gave i think around 100 pounds or more..that was me alone in my family, but then the rest of my family gave another few hundreds...my dad also from his resteraunt raised aroun 500 pounds or so, not sure maybe much more.. for the people who suffered...

i find that when you do something for the needy, you get some happy satisfaction from yourself..somehow i find it helps me relax, and feel good about myself...
and bengali politicians, theyr bloody greedy khala manush.....no offence there..coz my own distant family members are khala...btw

i hate them..eventhough i will never even think of living in bangladesh...but hearing stuff from my parents..theyr all *******s.
Bengali_Beauty_
and bengali politicians, theyr bloody greedy khala manush.....no offence there..coz my own distant family members are khala...btw

i hate them..eventhough i will never even think of living in bangladesh...but hearing stuff from my parents..theyr all *******s.

:laugh:
we should start a game. write a bengali swear word. see how long we can go on for. . .

Latest