The Student Room Group

Haven’t received visa yet.

Hi Everyone!

I have applied for my visa on 3rd of this month with priority service however I haven’t received it yet. I received a not straightforward email from ukvi. My university deadline for enrollment is 16th and I asked them to extend it but they strictly refused. What do I do now?
Reply 1
Original post by Yousuf27
Hi Everyone!

I have applied for my visa on 3rd of this month with priority service however I haven’t received it yet. I received a not straightforward email from ukvi. My university deadline for enrollment is 16th and I asked them to extend it but they strictly refused. What do I do now?

Hi!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll receive the entry clearance very shortly. :crossedf:

Just in case you don't get the entry clearance within the next 2-3 days, I reckon you would need to request the university for a deferral for the following intake since your university won't extend the arrival date. On top of that, you should've contacted your university even before applying for clearance from the UKVI because not every university is flexible with the deadline.
Hi Everyone!

Ulster university? I have applied for my visa since September 18th and yet to receive also and I paid priority visa
Reply 3
Original post by Meheraj
Hi!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll receive the entry clearance very shortly. :crossedf:

Just in case you don't get the entry clearance within the next 2-3 days, I reckon you would need to request the university for a deferral for the following intake since your university won't extend the arrival date. On top of that, you should've contacted your university even before applying for clearance from the UKVI because not every university is flexible with the deadline.

Hi, I did contact the university but they wouldn’t extend the deadline and the next intake for my course is September 2024 and I’m not willing to wait for one year.
Reply 4
Nope Aston University. Which country did you apply from?

Original post by Adeshina090
Ulster university? I have applied for my visa since September 18th and yet to receive also and I paid priority visa
Nope Aston University. Which country did you apply from?

Nigeria
Hi, I did contact the university but they wouldn’t extend the deadline and the next intake for my course is September 2024 and I’m not willing to wait for one year.

Can I see the message you sent for extension
Reply 7
Can I see the message you sent for extension

Hi,

I am writing this email in regards to my enrollment, my student id is I was due to receive my visa decision today as per priority service. However, no passport collection or decision email has been received yet from UKVI. I have been staying up to date with my studies via Blackboard. May I request two two-week extension for enrollment just in case UKVI fails to provide a decision before 16th October?

Thanks

I have sent another one but this time to my course department.
Where are you applying from ?
Reply 9
Where are you applying from ?

Kuwait but my nationality is Bangladeshi
Best of luck brother
Reply 11
Best of luck brother

You too
Reply 12

Yeah, most universities are behaving strictly these days though it's for good to some extent. But sometimes they need to be a bit flexible as well. If you're not willing to wait for a year, then you can look for the January 2024 intake even though it would be difficult to find the right university and right course for you provided that you're applying for a bachelor's degree while you might have more alternatives for a master's degree as long as that's what you're looking for.

By the way, I'm from BD too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending