The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele university accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by piggiesshinho
I'm hoping for Lindsey and im looking at a premier en suite just because I like feeling fancy lol and the size of the bed sold me on it. So I only have 3 places I could be put

Ahh got ya. I was looking at those, but I've got to have a good look at my finances and see if I could afford it :smile: The bigger bed would be amaaaazing lol. I'd hate going back to my single at home though hehe
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 41
Original post by _SomeBeans
Ahh got ya. I was looking at those, but I've got to have a good look at my finances and see if I could afford it :smile: The bigger bed would be amaaaazing lol. I'd hate going back to my single at home though hehe

Ill have about £60 a week to live off so I should be fine :smile: I have a double at home and tend to fall out of a single lol
Reply 42
Sorry to dive in to the conversation everyone, but I thought I'd drop by and say hello :smile: I've firmed an unconditional for astrophysics with a science foundation year, and the accommodation is the last thing I need to sort out. I'm torn between trying to go for a flat, or just having a room with a washbasin so I could get into Lindsay which is really close to the science buildings. When I went to the open day in October I had a wander around one of the Lindsay blocks and they seemed pretty cool with the rooms being quite a good size. (I did notice there was a lot of room under the staircases which would be perfect for a blanket fort :tongue:)

All this waiting is driving me mad though, at least we've only got a couple of days to wait.

I'm Ellie by the way :smile:

Hi Ellie :smile:
I was thinking of having a standard room too but if you put that you want a washbasin then theres a chance you could be in hawthorns which is the one furthest away but still on campus which would mean you wouldn't be close. I think standard without washbasin means you could only be in horwood or Lindsay :smile: that sounds like a great course! We'll have to all meet up :smile:
Reply 43
Ill have about £60 a week to live off so I should be fine :smile: I have a double at home and tend to fall out of a single lol

In some universities the loan and the amount for accommodation is more for one term than another. Is this true for Keele? Have you figured it out like that? Its something else I still need to do. My friend who applied aswell got an accommodation booklet in the post but I didn't, did any of you? X
Reply 44
Original post by jaaade.jb
In some universities the loan and the amount for accommodation is more for one term than another. Is this true for Keele? Have you figured it out like that? Its something else I still need to do. My friend who applied aswell got an accommodation booklet in the post but I didn't, did any of you? X

Yeah that's the least i get and the 3rd term I will have much more as I will also have less to pay for my room. I finally got a booklet but they had to send another as it got lost and now I have 2 lol
Omg, I really want Premier En Suite in Lindsay too :frown: I really hope I get and its not really competitive!
Reply 46
Original post by yarshad
Omg, I really want Premier En Suite in Lindsay too :frown: I really hope I get and its not really competitive!

I'm hoping that its expensive enough that people will decide its not worth it lol. Have you got a conditional or unconditional offer? As it can affect your chances of getting the accommodation you want.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
Hi Ellie :smile:
I was thinking of having a standard room too but if you put that you want a washbasin then theres a chance you could be in hawthorns which is the one furthest away but still on campus which would mean you wouldn't be close. I think standard without washbasin means you could only be in horwood or Lindsay :smile: that sounds like a great course! We'll have to all meet up :smile:

Ah yeah, I did double check. Looks like standard without is gonna be best, and even having the smaller room means you're more likely to be in Lindsay :smile: Thanks! Yeah, that'd be ace :smile: It's gonna be great knowing people before we all get up there.
Reply 48
Ah yeah, I did double check. Looks like standard without is gonna be best, and even having the smaller room means you're more likely to be in Lindsay :smile: Thanks! Yeah, that'd be ace :smile: It's gonna be great knowing people before we all get up there.

Awww this is so exciting <3 lol
Reply 49

Yeah and having a view of all the woods and things would probably make up for it. I can't imagine having a sink would be much use really except maybe washing your hair if your really lazy/ late. I know :biggrin:
I'm hoping that its expensive enough that people will decide its not worth it lol. Have you got a conditional or unconditional offer? As it can affect your chances of getting the accommodation you want.

I thought that too!! D: hope it puts people off lmao.

I got a conditional, wbu?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by yarshad
I though that too!! D: hope it puts people off lmao.

Hi :smile:
What are you hoping to study? I got a conditional for Law with Criminology :smile: haven't found anyone I might be with in classes though yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
There are rooms with and without washbasins in Lindsay, Horwood & Hawthorns, and room size is not dependent on price bracket and is random, depending entirely on the block itself. So it's difficult to say without knowing exactly which block you're in I'm afraid.

As for flats mentioned in an earlier post, for this year (last year it happens) the flats in Barnes will be occupied by third years only. The only other flats on campus are in Hawthorns in Keele Village. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by yarshad
I thought that too!! D: hope it puts people off lmao.

Unconditional, but its for a foundation course
Hi :smile:
What are you hoping to study? I got a conditional for Law with Criminology :smile: haven't found anyone I might be with in classes though yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there :biggrin:
how are yaa?

I'm hoping to do Pharmacy... haha not in the same class unfortunately :P
Unconditional, but its for a foundation course

ooh :O congrats on the unconditional! so have you firmed Keele?
Reply 56
Original post by yarshad
ooh :O congrats on the unconditional! so have you firmed Keele?

Thanks. yeah xD, it was pretty much the only uni I cared about
Reply 57
Reading this thread is getting me so excited for September! I love that so many bake cakes, I do as well lol :biggrin: I looked at the accommodation at one of the applicant days but I can't remember much about it other than some of the rooms were very orange :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by yarshad
Hi there :biggrin:
how are yaa?

I'm hoping to do Pharmacy... haha not in the same class unfortunately :P

Hi :smile: I'm fine thanks how are you? Oooo that also sounds like a good course. Aah oh well, maybe see you around :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Daisia
Reading this thread is getting me so excited for September! I love that so many bake cakes, I do as well lol :biggrin: I looked at the accommodation at one of the applicant days but I can't remember much about it other than some of the rooms were very orange :tongue:

Love how many people are joining. Makes me feel a lot better knowing I'll know a few when I get there :biggrin: I think I'm a better baker than a cook lol . I'm the same, there's some rooms you can't forget but then going on other uni open days they all merge into one :smile: do you have any ideas on what accommodation you'll choose? Im thinking standard without washbasin but didn't see that room so fingers crossed its a good size :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest