The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by MJK91
I **** you not, I had something around the lines of whether you should consider the fact someone is your friend is important when you catch them being abusive to a patient. If people can't pass that section they're not cut out for the job haha, so I wouldn't worry about revising for it.

Really? But did you not do any practice questions from medify or anything?

Did you read the GMC good practice ?
Reply 781
Original post by MJK91
Haha okay I'll bear that in mind :smile: My degree's in biomed and I did extra biochemistry too so I think the chem content is fine.

Your biomed degree is definitely fine for barts. You can use this online checker to check for yourself.

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/acceptquals/index.html
I just got back from taking my test on a sweltering hot Tokyo afternoon.

I am in complete shock. I got the following and am just over the moon.

VR 770
QR 840
AR 890
DA 900

SJT- band 1.

Average 850. Now to go and get drunk.
Good luck to everyone about to take the test, try and stay calm. I wore earplugs and headphones and could hear my heart racing all the way through VR.

I have an emedica login that someone can have if they'd like. Message me.
Reply 783
Original post by frustratedlawyer

VR 770
QR 840
AR 890
DA 900

SJT- band 1.

Good luck to everyone about to take the test, try and stay calm. I wore earplugs and headphones and could hear my heart racing all the way through VR.

Oh my god! 850??? The only thing I can say is congratulations!
Original post by Ama2007
Really? But did you not do any practice questions from medify or anything?

Did you read the GMC good practice ?

Did I hell haha, I don't think you need to. Can't hurt but it really was all common sense.

VR 770
QR 840
AR 890
DA 900

SJT- band 1.

Well done! Everyone who's done the test so far seems to have over 700 :tongue: hoping it averages out later on!
Does anyone have any free good websites for more questions? I almost finished medify questions. Ukcat is killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787

VR 770
QR 840
AR 890
DA 900

SJT- band 1.

Like. A. Boss. :eek: Very well done!

Original post by khalidpatel
Does anyone have any free good websites for more questions? I almost finished medify questions. Ukcat is killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See my post here :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2338356&page=8&p=42865511&highlight=#post42865511

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Just realised I have less than 2 weeks left for my exam and am still fighting this stupid tonsillitis, I cannot reschedule my exam because its actually the "most" suitable so far as I will be going off after it for a month...for a break.

MJK91

May I ask what did you do differently from last year in order to improve your score? Did you study more or did you have a better strategy? It cannot be just down to luck...can it?
Original post by Ama2007
Just realised I have less than 2 weeks left for my exam and am still fighting this stupid tonsillitis, I cannot reschedule my exam because its actually the "most" suitable so far as I will be going off after it for a month...for a break.

MJK91

May I ask what did you do differently from last year in order to improve your score? Did you study more or did you have a better strategy? It cannot be just down to luck...can it?

Haha it really was luck. I didn't do much differently and if anything I felt less prepared this year. Obviously just got an easier deal this year, and bear in mind last year I had a technical error on my AR section which then screwed my exam up :smile:
Reply 790
When we do the ukcat exam, do we get our results straight away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
Original post by wndms
When we do the ukcat exam, do we get our results straight away?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. If you're lucky, the person printing off your result might look at it before handing it to you, and make a comment that ruins the surprise :unimpressed: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The worst bit is that they don't give your average, so I got mine, saw all the separate results and was like **** **** **** trying to bring up the calc on my phone to work out my average! :tongue:
Original post by jess_m94
The worst bit is that they don't give your average, so I got mine, saw all the separate results and was like **** **** **** trying to bring up the calc on my phone to work out my average! :tongue:

Yesterday I initially read 800 and 840 as 600 and 640, and was like "**** sake!" haha
Original post by MJK91
Yesterday I initially read 800 and 840 as 600 and 640, and was like "**** sake!" haha

Firstly well done on your amazing score! I just have a question. My exam in on the 10th of August and i'm starting preparation today. The QR section is so hard! :frown: how the hell are we supposed to do questions in less than 30 seconds???? :/ any tips anyone? i'm doing qs from the 600q book. Is the actual exam as hard as the qs on that book? Thankss
Original post by Tee Logan x
Firstly well done on your amazing score! I just have a question. My exam in on the 10th of August and i'm starting preparation today. The QR section is so hard! :frown: how the hell are we supposed to do questions in less than 30 seconds???? :/ any tips anyone? i'm doing qs from the 600q book. Is the actual exam as hard as the qs on that book? Thankss

Plenty of advice in this thread already, but basically you need to make sure you're sharp on your GCSE maths basics, things like percentage changes, area, volume etc. If you are, you should be able to flag and guess the very hard things and answer all the easy questions to get a decent score at the very least.
Reply 796
Original post by Tee Logan x

The actual exam for QR is no way harder than the 600Q book...Done it last year, but even then I didnt score that well...because I just didnt have a plan.
Original post by Ama2007
The actual exam for QR is no way harder than the 600Q book...Done it last year, but even then I didnt score that well...because I just didnt have a plan.

Yeah well i've only started prep today and so far i've done 3 full qs. I can answer most of them but definitely not in the time frame :/ i think its a bit too early to panic though so i'm trying to keep my cool :tongue: i hope by the time i sit the exam i really do find a plan :smile: thanks though
Original post by MJK91
Plenty of advice in this thread already, but basically you need to make sure you're sharp on your GCSE maths basics, things like percentage changes, area, volume etc. If you are, you should be able to flag and guess the very hard things and answer all the easy questions to get a decent score at the very least.

Thank you :smile:
My mouth is like something out of lawrence of arabias desert, just made ways out of the test centre im pleased to say i got:

Vr: 550
Qr: 660
Ar: 690
DA: 790

Sja: band 1

This is my third attempt though aha, first time i got 565, then 597.5 so im really pleased!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending