The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Hey, which book is best for doing the UKCAT with the new SJQ?
Original post by Becca_j
Hey :smile:

Did UKCAT this morning,

VR- 600
QR- 710
AR- 640
DA- 860
Average- 703

Really pleased as guessed a lot on QR. The actual UKCAT isn't as bad as it seems! Good luck :smile::smile:

Well done!! if you don't mind me asking what did you tend to get in practice tests and things? and which resources did you use? Well done again - you must be very pleased!! :smile:
Reply 1382
To everyone who has done the test, how were you guys doing on the official practice tests? because I have my test tomorrow and am finidng them v difficult! :frown:
Original post by va96
To everyone who has done the test, how were you guys doing on the official practice tests? because I have my test tomorrow and am finidng them v difficult! :frown:

Let us know how it goes, we like seeing how other people are doing!
Don't worry too much, everyone finds them difficult and thinks they'll do badly and most come out pleasantly surprised.
Reply 1384
Original post by va96

Mine is on monday, and I just got 8/36 on QR if that makes you feel better:frown:
Good luck for tmr!
Reply 1385
Original post by MJK91
Don't worry too much, everyone finds them difficult and thinks they'll do badly and most come out pleasantly surprised.

I really do hope so, I even found the QR on the practice test hard! I got 20%, very worrying. There were a lot of tables and there was a question about stocks which was very confusing to read.
I'm really worried now
Reply 1386
Original post by MJK91

Hey time keeping on VR is one of my problems. I think I can't get the answers right, but given a series of questions for one passage. I read the passage that takes me 45 sec to read a decent sized passage well. Then it's a matter of answering quickly which takes time to look up the area of the passage to associated question.

What was your technique?
Original post by mli26
I really do hope so, I even found the QR on the practice test hard! I got 20%, very worrying. There were a lot of tables and there was a question about stocks which was very confusing to read.
I'm really worried now

I am struggling with QR as well, worse than 20%...:colondollar:

To be honest there is nothing more you can do, there is a large element of luck in this!

I have worked my socks off this summer....and tomorrow I will find out if its been worth the while.

I am aiming for 680...so I can meet the cut-off for Glasgow...otherwise I will be devastated!!!!

Good Luck everyone!
Original post by Ama2007

To be honest there is nothing more you can do, there is a large element of luck in this!

I have worked my socks off this summer....and tomorrow I will find out if its been worth the while.

I am aiming for 680...so I can meet the cut-off for Glasgow...otherwise I will be devastated!!!!

Good Luck everyone!

Good luck. All you can do is relax and do your best. What will be will be. You have options no matter how you do. Sure you'll do great though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ama2007

Good Luck everyone!

Good luck wish you the best! Let us know how it goes for you :smile:
Reply 1390
To the people who've already done the test, would you say it is easier than the practice questions they provide?
Reply 1391
Original post by MJK91

I'll try..how did you find QR in the real thing and what technique did you use?
Original post by va96
I'll try..how did you find QR in the real thing and what technique did you use?

I found it hard, found myself going too slow so I flagged everything difficult, did the easy ones and came back to finish the hard ones. In the end I answered them all and got 680, which is okay but not great.
Reply 1393
Medify, acemedicine or something else?! Which is most worth the money..? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1394
the practice tests on the official site of ukcat...when i solve those tests..the review page comes but they dont tell u whether ur answer is right or wrong....they dont even mention the right answer....please help...from where do i get the actual answers or know whether my answers are right or wrong after giving the ukcat practice test on the official website?
Original post by coultra1
Medify, acemedicine or something else?! Which is most worth the money..? Thanks :smile:

The consensus is Medify is worth the money.

:smile:
I am consistently getting about half right in practice tests. This is quite worrying :/
My test is in 25 days and I.am.not.ready! Ahhhhhh! *Joins in the panic*
You don't have to get loads right to get a good score. You just need to beat the people getting average scores in 2006.
Reply 1398
To people signing up for Medify, just to make you aware, you can only do the questions once. Once you complete them all you cannot 'reset' your account to start over for another practice. I purchased the 3 months subscription and was (still am) quite pissed that having finished the VR questions cannot go back and try them again whilst it records my time and how many I got right.

If you're buying a week or so, then I suppose the above won't be a problem as you would've finished all the questions by then.

Latest

Trending

Trending