The Student Room Group

Edexcel German AS Unit 2 14/05/13

The other thread wasn't working :frown: So I thought I'd make another.

How did you guys find it?!

I thought the listening was awful but the rest was okay

:rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OMG it was terrible for me!! Both listening and the reading....... i didn't really understand it. :frown: i want to see the actual answers, so that i can get an idea of how much marks I'll get!
Original post by Carmen999
OMG it was terrible for me!! Both listening and the reading....... i didn't really understand it. :frown: i want to see the actual answers, so that i can get an idea of how much marks I'll get!

omg i feel the exact same!!!! i hate the reading and writing so much...i thought hardly anyone took this exam, i'm thankful for the thread lol
Reply 3
Yeah me too!!! like before, i couldnt find anything about Edexcel German. I'm glad someone actually did it. :smile:
Reply 4
If you think back over it though actually it was the first listening exercise that was worst, then got gradually better.

Can someone remember all the qus of listening and reading so we can compare answers?

1 was about Einzelkinder..
A is the amount of them increasing or staying same or decreasing
( I put staying same as a guess)
B number of something in Industrieländer going up/down/staying same
( I put down as it said something like Die Familien groß abnehmen)
C ?
D ?

2 box tick about women with phones ?

Memory trails off after that...
Reply 5
i put 'mehr Einzelkinder als früher'
Original post by hines
If you think back over it though actually it was the first listening exercise that was worst, then got gradually better.

Can someone remember all the qus of listening and reading so we can compare answers?

1 was about Einzelkinder..
A is the amount of them increasing or staying same or decreasing
( I put staying same as a guess)
B number of something in Industrieländer going up/down/staying same
( I put down as it said something like Die Familien groß abnehmen)
C ?
D ?

2 box tick about women with phones ?

Memory trails off after that...

C was something to do with how they are like 'selten unsozial' can't remember the other two, i put selten unsozial and the last one was, can't remember the q, but the three options were 'auch in der schule' 'nur in der schule' and 'nach der schule'

I know right!!! the first listening clip i repeated it three times and even then i couldnt answer any of the four qs! i felt so frustrated, i literally got so worked up and at the moment i just knew i was going to fail and then i realised that i was in the middle of my exam and i was wasting time :/ hated that paper so much! :smile:
Reply 7
Wahrheit or Menschen? That's the question... (put wahrheit) and also Lesefaehigkeiten or keine Buecher mehr?(I put latter but think it's wrong)
Also the answers to Einzelkinder one:
Mehr als frueher
Kleinere Familie
Selten asozial
Auch in der Schule

The Zurich question:
Keine dreckige Stadt- The one with the words 'sauber und gepflegt'
Jewelierladen- One with the words 'Uhr and Schmuck'
Teuere Stadt- One which said 'Preis ist zu hoch'
Man kann draussen nicht essen- 'Keine Cafemoeglichkeiten'
And the tourism one was obvious as it said something like 'Zu viele Touristen' :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxtate
Wahrheit or Menschen? That's the question... (put wahrheit) and also Lesefaehigkeiten or keine Buecher mehr?(I put latter but think it's wrong)
Also the answers to Einzelkinder one:
Mehr als frueher
Kleinere Familie
Selten asozial
Auch in der Schule

The Zurich question:
Keine dreckige Stadt- The one with the words 'sauber und gepflegt'
Jewelierladen- One with the words 'Uhr and Schmuck'
Teuere Stadt- One which said 'Preis ist zu hoch'
Man kann draussen nicht essen- 'Keine Cafemoeglichkeiten'
And the tourism one was obvious as it said something like 'Zu viele Touristen' :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw i put 'nur in der Schule' :frown: oh well :smile: and u know for the Zurich qs for the 'Cafemoeglichkeiten' your talking about the straBencafe right? how did u find it?
Reply 9
Are they the right answers????
Reply 10
i put some ofters einsam.. cos i swear they said something that they dont really hang out with friends or something.. And selten means rarely so..
Reply 11
Original post by Carmen999
i put some ofters einsam.. cos i swear they said something that they dont really hang out with friends or something.. And selten means rarely so..

It said that they do speak with friends and relations all the time so it was selten unsozial

Exercise one I think judging from what everyone said comes out as
A mehr
B weniger
C selten unsozial
D auch in der Schule

After the shock of the first qu I can't remember any others !
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Tee Logan x
Aw i put 'nur in der Schule' :frown: oh well :smile: and u know for the Zurich qs for the 'Cafemoeglichkeiten' your talking about the straBencafe right? how did u find it?

I don't remember now!! :redface: I think reading was better than listening and writing was pretty good but speaking was crap so god knows how I did :P You??
Original post by maxtate
I don't remember now!! :redface: I think reading was better than listening and writing was pretty good but speaking was crap so god knows how I did :P You??

Yeah reading was better than listening but they were both still awful :biggrin: writing was alright as well, i just think i made a lot of grammar mistakes and speaking was mediocre :tongue: and yeah it sucks that our teachers don't mark them so i have no clue how an edexcel examiner will mark it lol anyways my hopes for achieving an A have been demolished. Tbh i'll even be happy with a B based on that crappy paper :P
Reply 14
So glad I found a thread for this:biggrin:
But I found this paper so difficult. Did anyone have a clue what question 3, the reality tv show listening was about? I didn't get a single answer from it so guessed them:/
Original post by mli26
But I found this paper so difficult. Did anyone have a clue what question 3, the reality tv show listening was about? I didn't get a single answer from it so guessed them:/

My first answer was Lebenspartner, then boomt, can't remember the next one, the last one was Wahrheit. Dono if the answers are right though but hi5 i guessed them too! :smile: yeah i know the paper was really hard, dw you're not alone :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by mli26

Haha I put Lebenspartner too and can't even remember the others XD Hopefully the grade boundaries are low:smile: The average is around 53 so let's hope it's under 50 this year :biggrin:
Original post by mli26
Haha I put Lebenspartner too and can't even remember the others XD Hopefully the grade boundaries are low:smile: The average is around 53 so let's hope it's under 50 this year :biggrin:

Haha yes i hope it is too but even then i don't think i'll get an A. Hopefully a B :biggrin:
There's a German girl in my class and she said it was so difficult!! Really praying for good grade boundaries, literally EVERYONE is saying the same thing about it. Did anyone find that sometimes they were saying sentences that you couldn't understand a single word of? Swear it wasn't AS level vocab!!

Also for the reality tv shows one i put:
-Lebenspartner
-sinkt
-echte
-Menschen
Also did you guys actually feel fully prepared for it but was completely thrown by the whole paper? I was :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending