The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 may 2013

Anyone do the Edexcel business studies unit 1 exam today (may 20th),if so what did you think and what were some of your answers for section A???
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is this the edexcel business and econmics examination?:smile:
Reply 2
yeppp! How did you find it??
Heeey, i thought it alright, didnt like the questions, thought past papers were way easierrr!!!
Reply 4
what were your answers for the demand question in section a? high interest rates,weak pound,high inflation or high unemployment??
Reply 5
Hey, I did that exam today - is it 6BS0101??
Reply 6
Original post by mondlik
what were your answers for the demand question in section a? high interest rates,weak pound,high inflation or high unemployment??
I put weak pound yourself??
Reply 7
Original post by Fr4nkie
I put weak pound yourself??

I put high interest, as peoples savings would be worth more but come to think of it im probably wrong with that thought,
Can you explain the weak pound?
Reply 8
I said because the pound was weak, foreign goods will be more expensive and they will get more for their money when buying home produce, causing Brits to 'buy british' hence increasing demand...not sure if im right or not though :| can your remember what you put for the operating profit question number 1 I think?
Reply 9
In general how did you find it?
Reply 10
Original post by Fr4nkie
I said because the pound was weak, foreign goods will be more expensive and they will get more for their money when buying home produce, causing Brits to 'buy british' hence increasing demand...not sure if im right or not though :| can your remember what you put for the operating profit question number 1 I think?

i put D for the first one,300 000 i think it was,
revenue minus cost of sales then minus fixed costs.
What did you put for the calculated risks one?? entrepreneurs use their own money?
Reply 11
yeah same! FEW! and for that one what were the other options? I definitely didn't put that one..
Reply 12
what did you say for question 7? I Can't remember what it was asking though just what I put...A?
Reply 13
do you know where and when the mark scheme comes out for the paper????
Reply 14
I don't think it is published until after the results - sorry
Reply 15
ahhhhh, some exam boards release the mark scheme early... :/
Reply 16
what did you think of section B?
Reply 17
it wasn't great especially the supply one the 6 marker...the rest weren't too bad, I wasn't sure how to answer 6 marks for evaluating either
Reply 18
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme??
Reply 19
that's what I want to know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending