The Student Room Group

Afghanistan friend???

Poll

Afghanistans best friend

Personally, from an afghan perspective I have a reliable idea of who is afghanistans ideal friend.

The countries that I have polled, some Are ture, others just neighbours, and just some as a joke (USA, Pakistan and india)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Think I'd go with India, they are looking to fill the breach once the US leaves and the Afghan government seems to want to build links and support with India.
Reply 2
Definitely not Pakistan.
Reply 3
id go with turkey, many afghan respect turkey and vice versa, they call each other brothers. Turkey have allowed many afghan refugees to remain in tukrye, rather than to be attacked in neighbouring Greece. Search afghanistan-turkey relations on wikipedia you'll see

Here is a link too:http://www.bilgesam.org/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=267:turkey-shoulders-afghanistan&catid=77:redface:rtadogu-analizler&Itemid=147

Turkiye ve afghanistan cok cok arkadasleri
Reply 4
Yeh, id say Turkey
Reply 5
Original post by Apocrypha
Yeh, id say Turkey

Definitely turkey, without a doubt
Original post by A193
Personally, from an afghan perspective I have a reliable idea of who is afghanistans ideal friend.

The countries that I have polled, some Are ture, others just neighbours, and just some as a joke (USA, Pakistan and india)

May I ask if you're Turkmen, Tajik, Uzbek, Arab, hazara or Pashtun.
Reply 7
Tajik, why????
Reply 8
Original post by A193
Tajik, why????

'Cause Pashtuns gonna Pashtunwali... That doesn't make sense; I'm not deterred.
Paki president or whatever said couple of weeks ago that if the US was to go to war with Afghanistan it would side with Afghanistan

That was like a slap to the face because millions of dollars are being pumped into them by the US anyway
Hmm Hamird Karzai supposedly wants better relations with Pakistan, but it's pretty obvious they have better ties to India

That being said, I wish the Pakistani public wasn't as short minded and blindly patriotic like the Americans seem to be...
Reply 11
Original post by A193
X

As a German I'm interested in what most Afghans think about Germany/the German force in northern Afghanistan. Our politicians have been pretty reluctant calling the whole thing a 'war', reluctant to ferry in heavy weapons (no main battle tanks, attack helicopters or artillery for years), focusing rather on reconstruction, drilling wells, building schools etc.

According to the annual Afghan poll, this has resulted in the German ISAF contingent being somewhat more popular among the population than the Americans or British.

What do you think?
Reply 12
Original post by A193
id go with turkey, many afghan respect turkey and vice versa, they call each other brothers. Turkey have allowed many afghan refugees to remain in tukrye, rather than to be attacked in neighbouring Greece. Search afghanistan-turkey relations on wikipedia you'll see

Here is a link too:http://www.bilgesam.org/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=267:turkey-shoulders-afghanistan&catid=77:redface:rtadogu-analizler&Itemid=147

Turkiye ve afghanistan cok cok arkadasleri

Pakistan has a lot of Afghani refugees too.
Reply 13
Original post by AlligatorSky
Pakistan has a lot of Afghani refugees too.

Yes, but so do Iran, doesnt mean that they get along well. Mmost Afghan refugees in Iran are prosecuetd. The afghan refugeees are treated fairly in only TURKEY and to a smaller extent tajikistan
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Sir Fox
As a German I'm interested in what most Afghans think about Germany/the German force in northern Afghanistan. Our politicians have been pretty reluctant calling the whole thing a 'war', reluctant to ferry in heavy weapons (no main battle tanks, attack helicopters or artillery for years), focusing rather on reconstruction, drilling wells, building schools etc.

According to the annual Afghan poll, this has resulted in the German ISAF contingent being somewhat more popular among the population than the Americans or British.

What do you think?

Well, the Ggerman-Afghan relations are by far better than any other European country (if you consider Turkey to be Middle Eastern/Asian), we had your unconditional support in WW1/WW2 like Ggermany did with Austria. We actually called Germans "kaka Alman" - meaning uncle Germany. Ttherefore, i belived from an afghan perspective that german intervention in afghanistan is for a good cause and they may believe its for the best and no harm will be done - they have doubts about USA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan%E2%80%93Germany_relations
Original post by A193
Tajik, why????

The northern part o Afghanistan is a melting pot. Tajiks, Turkmen, Uzbeks etc. They left their own countries to escape Stalins purges when he tried to outlaw religion. So a Tajik will say Tajikistan. A Turkmen will say Turkmenistan and an Uzbek will say Uzbekistan because of family ties.

The friend of the Hazara is Iran due to the Shia links, but Iran is also very active in the West of Afghanistan. In fact the Provinces of Farah and Herat were historically part of Iran, so once again Family ties.

Pakistan and Afghanistan have historically never been close. Afghanistan funded te Baloochi insurgency in teh 1970s in order to weaken Afghanistan, and Pakistan has never forgotten that. However both Pakistan and Afghanistan align themselves to keep the state of Pashtunistan from rising up as that negativley impacts on both of them.

India, although smiley and friendly within Afghanistan seems to be more interested in getting involved to piss the Pakistani's off. It's the classic, my enemies enemy is my friend.
Reply 16
Original post by A193
Yes, but so do Iran, doesnt mean that they get along well. Mmost Afghan refugees in Iran are prosecuetd. The afghan refugeees are treated fairly in only TURKEY and to a smaller extent tajikistan

Yeah, I was just saying that because one of your points were that the Turkish let them them stay in Turkey.

Original post by mirwais
Youre one of those pakistanis who beg to love afghans. NO, YOURE SOUTH ASIAN SO YOURE BESTIES WITH INDIA. SHUT UP - GET THE HELL OUT OF THESE THREAD YOU AINT WELCOME:angry::angry::angry:

So you made an account just to say that? And stop licking your own ass, I only said it because my ancestors were from Afghanistan so we respect the Afghans a lot.
Original post by A193

From what I've heard they do get on well mostly, they're treated as 'Muslim brothers' by the local population whereas in Iran they're basically caged up. Though I could be wrong.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by MatureStudent36
The northern part o Afghanistan is a melting pot. Tajiks, Turkmen, Uzbeks etc. They left their own countries to escape Stalins purges when he tried to outlaw religion. So a Tajik will say Tajikistan. A Turkmen will say Turkmenistan and an Uzbek will say Uzbekistan because of family ties.

The friend of the Hazara is Iran due to the Shia links, but Iran is also very active in the West of Afghanistan. In fact the Provinces of Farah and Herat were historically part of Iran, so once again Family ties.

Pakistan and Afghanistan have historically never been close. Afghanistan funded te Baloochi insurgency in teh 1970s in order to weaken Afghanistan, and Pakistan has never forgotten that. However both Pakistan and Afghanistan align themselves to keep the state of Pashtunistan from rising up as that negativley impacts on both of them.

India, although smiley and friendly within Afghanistan seems to be more interested in getting involved to piss the Pakistani's off. It's the classic, my enemies enemy is my friend.

Yes the whole pashtun thing is really sad. I agree with 95% of your stuff. Tajiks didn't come from tajikistan, but we're origins of rumis ethnic group, who were scattered from all over the ottoman empire, Arabia and Persian, mostvfrom the city of shiraz (iran)
Reply 19
Original post by AlligatorSky
Yeah, I was just saying that because one of your points were that the Turkish let them them stay in Turkey.

So you made an account just to say that? And stop licking your own ass, I only said it because my ancestors were from Afghanistan so we respect the Afghans a lot.

Wtf u on about making an account why would anyone be so sad and desperate
To actually create an account that too with such a random name. If u aren't gonna respect this forum please don't get involved. This is a very sensitive topic so PLEASE don't getbpissed. And the mirwais is kinda true. (not the ass lick part), Pakistan and afghanistan may border who but are very different (such as Lebanon and Israel, who border but culturallybdifferent)

Didn't pakistanis originate from india? Unless you're balochi or pashtun then yes maybe from southern afghanistan/Iran?????
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending