The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Annoyed I didn't back Braves RL, Twins pitcher is **** LOL

btw u do realise bud norris for the astros has like a 1/3 of the teams win and he only pitches every 5 days.......i wouldn't be against houston tonight, bad price for davis
heres a bit of advice compare the inplay unders/overs on hills to paddy power....... hills is terrible!! something ive been noticing over a period of time.
Original post by Nerd2

I gave up on willhill they didn't give me anything! if my account was in the red, they might give me something, but I've used them for ages and they haven't given me a single free bet.

At the moment I quite like skybet's bonus scheme. Bet £10 a day will give you a stamp, reach 5 stamps they will give you a £5 free bet, reach 10 stamps, they will give you a free £10 bet and so on, you can get up a £100 in free bets per month I think.

I haven't had a free bet from bet365 in a while, but have sort of stopped using them as of recent, for some reason I just don't seem to win anything on that site.

Never got a free bet from WillHill after signing up. I closed my account there as an act of principle because their cash in system screwed me over. Cnuts.

SkyBet's loyalty scheme is nice. I like that. Don't use SkyBet a lot because they don't have much inplay but it's getting better. Good for horse racing.

I get a few from Bet365, just £5 here and there. But likewise, I rarely win anything on their website :s
Original post by jackf1337
Never got a free bet from WillHill after signing up. I closed my account there as an act of principle because their cash in system screwed me over. Cnuts.

SkyBet's loyalty scheme is nice. I like that. Don't use SkyBet a lot because they don't have much inplay but it's getting better. Good for horse racing.

I get a few from Bet365, just £5 here and there. But likewise, I rarely win anything on their website :s

PaddyPower is so much better for what you bet on, try and i bet you will comeback to me and say its ****
Original post by SloaneRanger
btw u do realise bud norris for the astros has like a 1/3 of the teams win and he only pitches every 5 days.......i wouldn't be against houston tonight, bad price for davis

Yes Astros are an awful team, but likewise with MIA they will both win a lot of games over the season which is funny. You know when the Braves game is starting up again?

I took Over 180.5 in the Spurs game, can't leave a line like that alone when you consider what both Spurs and Griz have been scoring in previous games....
Yes Astros are an awful team, but likewise with MIA they will both win a lot of games over the season which is funny. You know when the Braves game is starting up again?

I took Over 180.5 in the Spurs game, can't leave a line like that alone when you consider what both Spurs and Griz have been scoring in previous games....

Rain delay could be hours, im on colorado as well my 3rd pick
Reply 386
Original post by jackf1337

I do find WillHill to have the best customer service though, there have been one or two problems with bets in past and they sorted it out pretty quickly, for example once the scoreboard was wrong, so I made a bet thinking it was the correct score, in the end they returned the stake. A similar problem happened at bet365, but they were ****heads and didn't return the stake.

Yeah I liked the skybet, free £5 every week, if you bet £5 or more that week. I hope they continue it next season, it is without a doubt the best loyalty scheme around! I hope they continue it next season, but I doubt they will, I reckon they offered that to gain more users as they are one of the youngest betting sites, I doubt they will continue it next season.

You have good tennis knowledge, you should stick to that. I feel as though I have tried the majority of sports now and have come to the conclusion that football and basketball are the only sports I have success with, so I'm going to stick with them. I honestly don't know why I bothered delving into other sports, I was having great success with football, why fix it if its not broken, right? There is going to be a bunch of free bet offers on the UCL final, so it's good to have multiple betting accounts.
Original post by Nerd2
I do find WillHill to have the best customer service though, there have been one or two problems with bets in past and they sorted it out pretty quickly, for example once the scoreboard was wrong, so I made a bet thinking it was the correct score, in the end they returned the stake. A similar problem happened at bet365, but they were ****heads and didn't return the stake.

Yeah I liked the skybet, free £5 every week, if you bet £5 or more that week. I hope they continue it next season, it is without a doubt the best loyalty scheme around! I hope they continue it next season, but I doubt they will, I reckon they offered that to gain more users as they are one of the youngest betting sites, I doubt they will continue it next season.

You have good tennis knowledge, you should stick to that. I feel as though I have tried the majority of sports now and have come to the conclusion that football and basketball are the only sports I have success with, so I'm going to stick with them. I honestly don't know why I bothered delving into other sports, I was having great success with football, why fix it if its not broken, right? There is going to be a bunch of free bet offers on the UCL final, so it's good to have multiple betting accounts.

You do know it is in there T&Cs about the scoreboard, they take anyway any responsibility usually. There will be loads better off spreading your stakes across different betting sites. I am surprised you don't have more accounts, I would personally open up as many as possible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 388
You do know it is in there T&Cs about the scoreboard, they take anyway any responsibility usually.

I know, that's the reason bet365 didn't return my stake. WillHill returned it as a "goodwill gesture".
Original post by Nerd2
I know, that's the reason bet365 didn't return my stake. WillHill returned it as a "goodwill gesture".

Use the official scoreboards or I personally run 2-3 betting sites up now with bet brain.

-1.5 is a bad bet on minnesota, ive just covered it with over 10 at evens, this game is risky with weather etc.....pitchers are struggling.
Reply 391
Use the official scoreboards or I personally run 2-3 betting sites up now with bet brain.

I do now, those cases were in my rookie betting months
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nerd2
I do now, those cases were in my rookie betting months

Get on PaddyPower, you will like it so much!!
-1.5 is a bad bet on minnesota, ive just covered it with over 10 at evens, this game is risky with weather etc.....pitchers are struggling.

Yeah I didn't bet on RL, I had Braves to win on ML. Not watching the game so no idea how it's going. Think they'll pull it off? Rockies looking good, 4 hits in the early stages.
Reply 394
Get on PaddyPower, you will like it so much!!

Yeah I need to start betting on paddypower more.
Reply 395
SMH Spurs what the **** was that? They couldn't of won by 2 more points! Hobbit was right, this **** is too frustrating!
9 points in the 4th quarter? Slap yourselves!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nerd2
SMH Spurs what **** was that? They couldn't of won by 2 more points! Hobbit was right, this **** is too frustrating!
9 points in the 4th quarter? Slap yourselves!

I watched the game. Pathetic.

Forget playoffs tbh, it's a fast track to losing money.

I don't care how good grizzles are but they should have lost by 6.
Reply 397
Original post by fat_hobbit
I watched the game. Pathetic.

Forget playoffs tbh, it's a fast track to losing money.

Very true, the first round is where the money is at.
If Spurs won by one more point I would have won £60. Had a four fold Spurs -5, Reds, Pirates, Braves, such a pisstake...

I had Over 180.5 as separate bet though so end up with £1 profit :rofl:
Original post by Nerd2
Very true, the first round is where the money is at.

Nah regular season is where it's at.

I think when you bet on this ****, the worst thing is when you are up all night only to lose money.

I take it that you betted on spurs but lost on point spread - you had a 'bad beat'.

Quick Reply

Latest