The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lion7676
Yeah, that's what I thought, races look fairly poor. Newcomers can be so unpredictable at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the same time though, I've had 100/1 winners in the field. Sometimes I just stick 50p each way on the outsider if there's loads of newcomers, you never know what will happen.

I think there's value available in the 19:10 though actually, just looked at the prices. Hanagan rides the favourite and his strike rate is less than diabolical, yet the price is 8/11. I'd happily take that on with Double Czech (14/1) and Downturn (7/2).

Dobbs yard in fine form of late, and Hannon/Hughes combination just does it for me.
Ended up putting the Cardinals and pirates on last night
Cardinals went awol in the last innings, losing to Kansas 4-2
Pirates held out and snatched a win in the 11th innings 1-0

I made £7 profit on the bets, bit gutted that the cardinals went to sh1t

And after deciding not to bet on the Astro's they ended up winning 7-5, would have made a tidy profit at 2/1, shoulda, woulda, coulda

So, who we fancying for tonight?
Original post by Lion7676
Yeah, that's what I thought, races look fairly poor. Newcomers can be so unpredictable at times.

Had my eye on Bursledon the other day purely because of the Hannon and Hughes combo. What's your reasoning for Luggers Hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bottom weight has won this race for the last 2 years, yard is in form, jockey is in form, good strike rate together. Has ability and likes the soft ground, only slight worry is the weather today, ground will probably dry out a fair bit by this time. Just prefer it to the top weight, wouldn't back it below 3/1 though. Currently trading at 9/2 with BetVictor.
Reply 1183
Glad we've got this interleague ****e out the way now, onto tonight:

Astros @ Angels O8.5
White sox @ As O7.5
Dodgers @ Rockies u8.5
Reply 1184
Original post by ..DT..

Astros @ Angels O8.5
White sox @ As O7.5
Dodgers @ Rockies u8.5

Do you do this as singles or a treble?
Reply 1185
Singles.
Original post by ..DT..

Astros @ Angels O8.5
White sox @ As O7.5
Dodgers @ Rockies u8.5

i was thinking of doing the
white sox
reds
indians

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Please don't bet against Cy Moore.

Reds looks a good bet, never too sure on white sox when Axlrod is on the mound.

But you should ask either sloane or invincibles about money lines. Not my forte.
I don't even think Reds look a good bet. Pirates find a way to grind out games, look at their series with the Tigers. But yeah, I'll look at the games in more depth later on.
Reply 1189
That was interleague though and the tigers have a terrrrrrrible record vs the pirates. I just see Rodriguez getting carved up, its about time.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
I don't even think Reds look a good bet. Pirates find a way to grind out games, look at their series with the Tigers. But yeah, I'll look at the games in more depth later on.

Sorry, thought reds were playing Phillies not pirates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need to make back what I lost yesterday. Got a double on monfils and Tsonga and a treble on over 3.5 sets in their two games and raonic v Anderson

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Best Way to Bet is to use the Bookmakers On Going Offers particulary on Football which not only adds value to your Bets but shifts the odds in your favour.
Take a look at the Bet365 Bore Draw Offer where Bets are refunded if the game ends 0-0.
There is a very simple method of using this to your advantage-PM me if you would like more details as if i post the exact method on here there is a good chance we will kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
Couple of in play bets this afternoon:

Treble:
Monfils
Simon
Tsonga
You should get close to evens on this but maybe not now Tsonga is bossing. I think Simon is overpriced, even at 1.4

Singles:
Cilic (looks like he could lose it all here though, I swear I'm cursed when betting on this fag)
Anderson
Cilic lost. What a stupid fag. Couldn't score in a brothel. How the hell does a prematch favourite at 1/5 lose in straight sets?! I'd understand 3-2 or possibly 3-1, but 3-0 is f'ing ridiculous.
Simon 2-5 down in set 1. He's well above evens now. I can't see him losing the match, though.
Original post by pl,okmijn
Ended up putting the Cardinals and pirates on last night
Cardinals went awol in the last innings, losing to Kansas 4-2
Pirates held out and snatched a win in the 11th innings 1-0

I made £7 profit on the bets, bit gutted that the cardinals went to sh1t

And after deciding not to bet on the Astro's they ended up winning 7-5, would have made a tidy profit at 2/1, shoulda, woulda, coulda

So, who we fancying for tonight?

I hate the Astros, I was 3-0 with Colorado and that Wilton Lopez let 6 runs in one inning!
Original post by jackf1337
Cilic lost. What a stupid fag. Couldn't score in a brothel. How the hell does a prematch favourite at 1/5 lose in straight sets?! I'd understand 3-2 or possibly 3-1, but 3-0 is f'ing ridiculous.

I wouldn't have predicted that he's good on all surfaces.
Original post by pane123
I haven't put this book down, it's superb.

Who've you backed for the Oaks?
Original post by sebotobes
Who've you backed for the Oaks?

I take Fridays off. I'm also not too keen on races when there's a lot of liquidity in the market.

My pick would have been Talent, of course. Nah, I would have gone with Secret Gesture I think.

Quick Reply

Latest