The Student Room Group

adult nursing - kingston uni

Hey people,

I have a conditional offer at kingston uni for adult nursing. They requie 240 ucas points i was just wondering how strict are they with ucas?
Hey Ayesha.

I too have received a conditional offer for Adult Nursing. When was your selection day? :-)

I discussed with one of the assistants my circumstances regarding UCAS. They generally ask for 3 C's, however one of my lessons was unsupervised until February (Performing Arts!) so we had to learn two 40 minute shows and do 2 units of work in the space of 7 weeks. I'm not optimistic about getting a C because of this. They advised me to contact them on results day and they'll take it into consideration (I'm predicted 2 A's in my other subjects).

Are you currently doing A-Levels/BTEC? You could call them and ask. You'd think that as it is a vocational course as long as you show a motivation to study that you should be fine. Good luck!
Reply 2
Hey Rachel,

Thankyou for the reply! My selection day was on the 29th of May, so not that long ago. The interview went really well, however i have just had a few exams and im quiet nervous for my results. Im doing Alevels at the moment and they can be so unpredictable in terms of results! Im predicted 3Bs but im not entirely sure that i'll achieve this. I do have an AS in English Lit & lang but im not sure whether they will take this into consideration.
I've heard that they generally go more on the interview for Healthcare courses than anything, apparently if you're one grade below the requirement they'll usually be lenient. Well that's what I've gathered from looking at other posts. :smile:

I know how you feel! I've done 1 of 2 performance exams, you do everything right but you're still unsure as to what grade you're really gonna come out of it with. Thankfully I took my other 2 in January so they're out the way.

I'd imagine with it being more vocational as long as you can prove your motivation and strength in study (you're doing A-Levels afterall!) that the entry requirements are just a kind of benchmark. Sounds like you proved yourself at interview anyhow. The course gets applicants from different backgrounds, some with no formal education in Healthcare but who have worked in social care settings. You will all be learning the same things throughout the course so I'd imagine they shouldn't be too uptight about it!
Reply 4
Hi ! I have a conditional offer too! 240 for adult nursing. However I only have 200 Ucas points ! I have worked in a care home for 4 months as a support worker for adults with learning disabilities and I am now working with adults with physical disabilities ! I have retook 2 exams but I know I didn't get the grades. Really praying ill get accepted on the basis of my experience. But I doubt it :frown:
Hey Amina.

Don't be so down on yourself! Give admissions a call and see if there's a way you can be considered on 200 points and your experience. The tutors may be lenient, so it's worth a try! Better for your peace of mind between now and August anyways. Could be worth a shot. Who knows, you may even have done better than you thought on those exams. :smile:
Reply 6
I've estimated all my ucas points through ums marks , and i think i'll probably get about 200-220, arghhhhh, I'm also going to try and get some extra work experience over the summer to give my application an extra boost. The best thing for me to probably do is call up admissions and ask if they will take my AS into consideration.

Also girlies, are both of you doing adult nursing?
Reply 7
i meant to say have both of you firmed Kingston ?
Everything crossed for you Ayesha!

As you say, probably best calling up admissions and seeing what they say. With something like Nursing I'm sure they'll take experience into consideration much more.

Yeah I've firmed Kingston, it was the only one I applied to. :smile:
Reply 9
Hi! No Kingston is my insurance offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending