The Student Room Group

Reading Festival- what to pack?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luppy021
What's showering like at the festival? My friends told me there are massive queues to them.

They weren't that bad last year but I was at Leeds to be fair, if you get up early enough it isn't a problem but most people just use wet wipes or something anyway.
Original post by elia
If your driving there, anything you can fit in the car. Fold-up chairs, tables, camping stuff. NOT Gas Stoves though because the gas bottles are illegal on site. Wellies + towel too

Seriously? No gas stoves? Ah yeah that's cos Reading has a rep for riotous Sunday nights.
How are you meant to cook?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claudette
Seriously? No gas stoves? Ah yeah that's cos Reading has a rep for riotous Sunday nights.
How are you meant to cook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.leedsfestival.com/information/food-and-drink
Original post by Bellaaaa
Hi, its my first time experiencing a festival and I was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the things to pack or any essentials I will be needing please :smile:

Take booze, really just stuff into the bottom of your bag and take lots I ran out last time i went.

What colour camp are you planning on staying in btw? :smile:
Reply 24
It is always better to pack more and be prepared than to pack less and be sorry. This is my general list of what to bring to a Festival

Tent - Something sturdy and big enough to last the weekend, always get a size bigger as a two man tent won't be large enough for two people and their stuff.
Ticket - Obvious
Clothes - dependent on fashion taste but make sure to bring some warm clothes, a coat and wellies.
Wallet - Including I.D. and bank cards, never nice to run out of money or get refused at a bar. Keep on person at all times and look out for pickpockets
Smokes - If you smoke be sure to bring enough to last you the weekend.
Toiletries - a weekend without showering can be pretty horrid. Bring baby wipes, toothpaste, deodorant and some aftershave. Also condoms, never know what might happen and better to play it safe.
Camping Chair - Essential if you want to sit and relax in the mornings while getting pissed.
Duct tape - Tents rip easily and duct tape can easily fix that and help repair broken chairs.
Bin bags - to clear up the mess of course.
Food - Simple easy food like chocolate bars, sandwiches and crisps.
Medicine - paracetamol to help with the hangover, pro-plus to keep you going and any medication you might need like hayhever pills.
Drink - Obviously bring your alcohol but don't forget water to help keep hydrated and soft drinkers for a mixer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Take a sledge to carry booze on.
Reply 26
Extra tent poles for when someone kicks your tent in.
Reply 27
A chair!!! bring a ****ing chair me and my mates went lest year and we didnt bring one and we needed it (that being set 10 lazy boys r gonna make a **** tonne of mess thats why we needed chairs) but a chair is very useful and u will comeback wishing u had one
Reply 28
Money and toilet roll. Oh, and drugs.

You can survive without anything else.
You chat **** mate um from up north me i know thats wrong cuz im a festival pro if you know what i mean
Original post by JOR2010
A few good novels? It is a READING festival after all...

I just want to let you know that what you said is absolutely comical and makes u look the biggest spanner ever:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest