The Student Room Group

questions from a Reading first timer

so I'm going to reading festival for the first time this year (weekend ticket with early bird) and I have a few questions.
how easy is it to get to the middle/front for acts? some of my favourite artists are performing so I'm keen to be nearish the front, do I need to go hours early or will I just be able to shuffle forward when the previous act ends??
also what time does the silent disco finish? and what should I expect on the Sunday night as I've heard it can be pretty crazy

any tips would be very much appreciated!! :smile:))
Reply 1
It helps to get down a bit early at any massive festival. You can push your way down but the bigger the act, the harder this gets
Reply 2
What time should one get there on the first day without the early bird ticket?

Also what time does everyone leave on the last day? Just trying to work out which trains (from London) to book!
Last time I went they had dividers across the field so you could only push forward to the front of that section. Make sure you go in from the side in the front section if that is where you want to be.
Reply 4
But what time to get there on Thursday?
And when to leave?!
Original post by Hot2trot
But what time to get there on Thursday?
And when to leave?!

Get there when you like on Thursday. The earlier you come the better camping spot you will find. Bands don't start till Friday lunchtime
The Sunday headliner will finish by 11:30m but lots of people stay over and go home on Monday morning as there won't be great trains at that time on a Sunday night

Quick Reply

Latest