The Student Room Group

OCR PE G453 A2 - 19th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SPL
Sometimes it feels like you're squeezing blood out of a stone with the twenty markers, hence why they sometimes combine 2 topics on them. Here's hoping they're kind, best of luck anway - back to revision I go!

Thanks, you too!
Reply 21
EX-PHYS - possible topics I have coming up is the recovery process, ergogenic aids and flexibility, anyone got anything different?

PSYCH - I have leadership, goal settings and confidence
Original post by ddje30
EX-PHYS - possible topics I have coming up is the recovery process, ergogenic aids and flexibility, anyone got anything different?

PSYCH - I have leadership, goal settings and confidence

Im pretty sure that flexibility came up in June 2012
Reply 23
Original post by zack_wilson
Im pretty sure that flexibility came up in June 2012

It did, but it was answered 'badly' according to the examiners report so.
My teacher gave me these as possible 20 marks essays on psychology:

achievement motivation/ attributions
group performance
social facilitation
goal setting
self confidence + efficacy
attentional/emotional control
Reply 25
Remember... the key to getting high marks in the essays is to give as many practical examples, give a balanced argument of both sides of the situation (e.g advantages and disadvantages) and write the passage in a flowing format with precise technical vocab.
Reply 26
Anyone got practical examples for types of strength, dynamic & static?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Static strength - crucifix position in gymnastics (other gymnastic situations where the two rings are used)
Dynamic strength - cycling against a resistance, such as up a hill. Any type of activity which involves overcoming a resistance with continuous contractions.
Reply 28
Does anyone else think the mark schemes are ridiculous - so so specific
Btw apparently you don't need to know the specific types of strengths and flexibility
Reply 29
Sport Psychology Attention and Emotional Control is awful, also have people learnt specific dates for events for contemporary?
Reply 30
Original post by hannahlou1994
My teacher gave me these as possible 20 marks essays on psychology:

achievement motivation/ attributions
group performance
social facilitation
goal setting
self confidence + efficacy
attentional/emotional control

What would you write on a 20 marker for Attention and Emotional Control?
Original post by MClark
What would you write on a 20 marker for Attention and Emotional Control?

cue utilisation hypoth, attentional styles, IZOF, different types of anxiety, and then the anxiety management techniques. Personally, I doubt it will come up because it will be awkward to phrase a question where all of them are the answer :/
Reply 32
self confidence + efficacy what would be a 20 marker on this be??
Reply 33
It really depends on the question, because they will never be so vague in wording the questions. So theres always a direction they put you in via the wording of the question which shows how they want you to answer it.
Reply 34
Original post by AydenM
Static strength - crucifix position in gymnastics (other gymnastic situations where the two rings are used)
Dynamic strength - cycling against a resistance, such as up a hill. Any type of activity which involves overcoming a resistance with continuous contractions.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
yeah thanks, does anyone else find the mark schemes are really strict? Also what do you need in the exam to get an A out of the total mark 105? like 90?
Reply 36
Emotional control- anxiety management techniques (cognitive) rational thinking linked to attentional control? Basically everything is linked to arousal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
For Contemporary I think It will be on Cricket most likely as the case study sport
Reply 38
what did everyone get for the practical mark out of 60 for the e and a and practical? What percentage is this of an A2 and how do you work out how many marks needed in this paper for a grade?
I've been hearing that tennis is likely to come up as a 20marker for historical. Can someone please help on how to structure this type of question. I know it's something along the lines of 'Describe the origins of the game of Tennis and it's development to the modern game'. I understand the content fairly well but i don't know how to structure it and how to make the answer flow, I'm guessing it should be answered synoptically right? Thanks a mill in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending