The Student Room Group

HELP

Hi there everyone,

I need advice on the future of my A levels, I have now completed two full A levels in biology and English language with predicted grades of c and b. i also have completed an AS in psychology with predicted grade of B.

I will be 19 in october.

Can I still apply in colleges or schools to do another intensive A level (AS and A2 in 1 year) as well as carrying on my psychology a2 starting september 2013.

Also one of my teachers said that I will have to pay for my education next year (starting sept 2013) and also will not be able to resit any of my biology and english exams in the summer if I don't get my predicted grades as new A level plans do not allow this - IS THIS TRUE!

Please answer both question as am really confused. Thankyou

I am also hoping to apply for university.
Reply 1
Are you at college or sixth form? I know at college they can charge for some things (Not sure for what).
No idea on account for sixth forms :frown:
Reply 2
Have you thought about sitting as a private candidate? If you think you can manage it I would highly suggest doing this because now your 19 you do have to pay for each a level which is around £300 each!

I'm not too sure about resitting but I thought you could resit once in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by mrmo
Hi there everyone,

I need advice on the future of my A levels, I have now completed two full A levels in biology and English language with predicted grades of c and b. i also have completed an AS in psychology with predicted grade of B.

I will be 19 in october.

Can I still apply in colleges or schools to do another intensive A level (AS and A2 in 1 year) as well as carrying on my psychology a2 starting september 2013.

Also one of my teachers said that I will have to pay for my education next year (starting sept 2013) and also will not be able to resit any of my biology and english exams in the summer if I don't get my predicted grades as new A level plans do not allow this - IS THIS TRUE!

Please answer both question as am really confused. Thankyou

I am also hoping to apply for university.

New A-level plans mean that there are no resits in January anymore, all exams are in the summer

You can do an intensive AS + A2 in 1 year in addition to Psychology, I guess the workload would be kind of like 3 A2 levels

Maybe the reason your teacher said you will have to pay for your education is because you're 19. By education she may mean exams. As you're over 18 maybe your school will no longer pay for the exams as you have done an extra year beyond the typical. This is just a possible suggestion though. It would be best to ask her what she means
Reply 4
Original post by mrmo
Hi there everyone,

will not be able to resit any of my biology and english exams in the summer if I don't get my predicted grades as new A level plans do not allow this - IS THIS TRUE!

The rules on re-sitting have not changed. You can re-sit anything/everything next summer (and the summer after if you want).

Quick Reply

Latest