The Student Room Group

BSMS Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Aniaa
Hey guys does anyone know whatever I must be 18 to go to BSMS? I'm from 1996 and I can't find any information about age threshold in their website :/

For most medical schools you have to be 18 by the time you start your course in September 2014 but I did see on the BSMS Entry FAQ, 'they say they do not discriminate on the grounds of age.' Best to double check though, give them a ring! :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Aniaa
Hey guys does anyone know whatever I must be 18 to go to BSMS? I'm from 1996 and I can't find any information about age threshold in their website :/

BSMS will take 17 year old students, I know that for sure. Very few medical schools do, so you must check.
Reply 62
I know Cardiff asks me to be 18 by January 2014 so I can't go there since Im from May.
Thanks for your answers, I really like BSMS and I would love to study there :biggrin:
What are my chances of getting into this medical uni? I have 4 A*s 4As 2Bs and 2Cs with A* in maths and B in English lang

AAB results for AS level

Taking an extra AS level during year 13, predicted AAA(a)
I have plenty of volunteer work/work exp and a decent personal statement to match , any advice? Do I stand a good chance? Thank you
Also my ukcat is 702.5 band 1
Reply 65
Original post by flamegoblin0
Also my ukcat is 702.5 band 1

If you ring them up, they'll give you your academic score which I think is /20, there is also a score for your PS /20. BSMS only use the UKCAT to discriminate between borderline applicants after the interview.
Reply 66
ohh it is so annoying being an EU student, having other marks than you guys and not knowing whetever it is enough or not :/.
Reply 67
Original post by Aniaa
ohh it is so annoying being an EU student, having other marks than you guys and not knowing whetever it is enough or not :/.

What sort of exams do you take as an EU student? :smile:
Reply 68
Officially applied here, I have 4A's at AS how many academic points would I get? And do you have to prove your work experience?
Reply 69
Original post by Aniaa
I know Cardiff asks me to be 18 by January 2014 so I can't go there since Im from May.
Thanks for your answers, I really like BSMS and I would love to study there :biggrin:

you sure that's not for 2013 entry? this thread is for 2014 entry so starting in Sept/Oct 2014 by which time you will be 18? ... correct me if I'm wrong! :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by PG593
What sort of exams do you take as an EU student? :smile:

I am from European School so I will do European Bac which is very hard to find on any uni's website :frown:
Reply 71
Original post by tdx
you sure that's not for 2013 entry? this thread is for 2014 entry so starting in Sept/Oct 2014 by which time you will be 18? ... correct me if I'm wrong! :smile:

well I read the prospectus last weekend so I think it was already updated :s-smilie:. But not so sure neither. And I will become 18 on May
Reply 72
Original post by TheMan17
Officially applied here, I have 4A's at AS how many academic points would I get? And do you have to prove your work experience?

as far as I know you must prove your work experience by giving them email or telephone number to the place u had your wex
Reply 73
Original post by Aniaa
well I read the prospectus last weekend so I think it was already updated :s-smilie:. But not so sure neither. And I will become 18 on May

ring them! ... I can't really see any reason why they'd want you to turn 18 before the course starts, after yes as you need to be 18 for clinical stuff I believe
Reply 74
Hi guys.. im thinking of applying to BSMS.. but do they look at AS grades alot?
I got AABBB at AS
However I am predicted A*AA at A2
I got 6A*'S 1A 3B'S at GCSE and i got a 690 average on the UKCAT. Im just worried about the AS grades..
Opinions pleasE?
Reply 75
Original post by s.v
Hi guys.. im thinking of applying to BSMS.. but do they look at AS grades alot?
I got AABBB at AS
However I am predicted A*AA at A2
I got 6A*'S 1A 3B'S at GCSE and i got a 690 average on the UKCAT. Im just worried about the AS grades..
Opinions pleasE?

not so sure about the grades since I don't get the English system, but if I were you I rather worry about your ukcat. I mean, you should pay attention to choose unis that don't look so much at it :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by tdx
ring them! ... I can't really see any reason why they'd want you to turn 18 before the course starts, after yes as you need to be 18 for clinical stuff I believe

not so easy to ring if I live outside the UK :tongue:. And also I stress myself while talking english and I don't want unis to think I can't talk properly xD
Reply 77
I really need some help guys. I'm looking to apply to medicine this year again. I just don't want to risk applying to the wrong universities again.

IGCSE- 5A* 1A (no i'm not an international student)
ukcat -657.5
A2- A*AAA

Do i stand a chance, realistically?
And if not what other medical schools would you suggest.
Reply 78
5A*5A gcse
AABB as
predicted A*A*A
ukcat 630

do i stand a good chance? does anyone know how they score academics?
Reply 79
Original post by zayyy
I really need some help guys. I'm looking to apply to medicine this year again. I just don't want to risk applying to the wrong universities again.

IGCSE- 5A* 1A (no i'm not an international student)
ukcat -657.5
A2- A*AAA

Do i stand a chance, realistically?
And if not what other medical schools would you suggest.

Original post by absaa
5A*5A gcse
AABB as
predicted A*A*A
ukcat 630

do i stand a good chance? does anyone know how they score academics?

In my opinion you both stand a chance although I don't really know English marking system. But all those A's look amazing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending