The Student Room Group

Brighton and Sussex Medical School A100 2022 Offer Holders' Thread

Welcome to the BSMS A100 2022 Offer Holder's Thread! Congratulations on your offers :yay:

BSMS A100 2022 thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7089680

For general information click: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/index.aspx

For entry requirements click: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate...uirements.aspx

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Scroll to see replies

hello fellow offer holders!
Original post by OmarHam3d
hello fellow offer holders!

Congratulations :yay:
Think I remember your username, too :biggrin:
Reply 3
Heyoo who's thinking of firming?
I''m not sure about it but still waiting on 2
Congrats to everyone who got offers! Just curious, any other grads with offers here?
Original post by Swall33

I'm in the same situation, waiting on one post-interview (St A) and still waiting for an interview for another (it's becoming increasingly unlikely but it's my bottom choice anyway so not too fussed). Not sure what I'll pick if I end up with my top two, I was leaning towards St A previously bc of location mainly but now more tempted by BSMS as it's a lot closer to me and I applied for deferred entry, so I could have a year to earn more money and gain some new skills (thinking of learning sign language and I'm hoping to get a job/volunteer in a care home or hospice for some experience), whereas St A would be 2022 start. What are your pros/cons for BSMS?
Original post by wajeeh1364
Congrats to everyone who got offers! Just curious, any other grads with offers here?

I’m a grad and I’ve firmed bsms!
Reply 7
Firming 3A conditional offer
Original post by wajeeh1364

I’m a grad !
I'm just waiting on Liverpool to get back to me, then it will be a decision between them and BSMS. I'm already stressing and I don't even have the other offer yet lol. Secretly a part of me hopes I don't get it so I don't have to make a decision, but I'd also really love to go there. I'm sure I'd be happy at either uni though.

Original post by Swall33
Reply 10
Original post by bea_murray0
I'm in the same situation, waiting on one post-interview (St A) and still waiting for an interview for another (it's becoming increasingly unlikely but it's my bottom choice anyway so not too fussed). Not sure what I'll pick if I end up with my top two, I was leaning towards St A previously bc of location mainly but now more tempted by BSMS as it's a lot closer to me and I applied for deferred entry, so I could have a year to earn more money and gain some new skills (thinking of learning sign language and I'm hoping to get a job/volunteer in a care home or hospice for some experience), whereas St A would be 2022 start. What are your pros/cons for BSMS?

So BSMS is my only offer but Im waiting on imperial and barts. I'm leaning towards BSMS though because:
its cheaper than London,
looks like a nicer community (especially because its a campus uni)
and I wasn't a fan of barts being so separated from the non medics and dentists (different campuses and accommodation)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Swall33
So BSMS is my only offer but Im waiting on imperial and barts. I'm leaning towards BSMS though because:
its cheaper than London,
looks like a nicer community (especially because its a campus uni)
and I wasn't a fan of barts being so separated from the non medics and dentists (different campuses and accommodation)

Nice, I didn't apply to London unis because I'm not a fan of big cities but I feel like BSMS gives a good compromise between being able to access 'city life' and also not having to engage in it when I don't feel like it :lol:
Kinda weird that Barts is isolated like that, I didn't realise. It's one of the partner medical schools for St A so I was thinking about it for my clinical years but that's something to think about (if I get over my dislike of London!)
Original post by othello03
I'm just waiting on Liverpool to get back to me, then it will be a decision between them and BSMS. I'm already stressing and I don't even have the other offer yet lol. Secretly a part of me hopes I don't get it so I don't have to make a decision, but I'd also really love to go there. I'm sure I'd be happy at either uni though.

Im in the exact same situation but im waiting on leeds!
Congrats on the offers everyone! Any other internationals here?
I emailed them and apparently there’s no offer holder days this year :frown:

oh welll, I’ll just have to trek down myself somehow

does anybody know if like, the campus is accessible to the public? not to get into buildings but just walk around
Original post by OmarHam3d
Im in the exact same situation but im waiting on leeds!

It’s such a dilemma haha, which are you leaning towards?
I emailed them and apparently there’s no offer holder days this year :frown:

oh welll, I’ll just have to trek down myself somehow

does anybody know if like, the campus is accessible to the public? not to get into buildings but just walk around

I drove around the campuses so I don't see why you couldn't walk as well but yeah I couldn't access any buildings. You could probably email to ask if you could be taken into the medical teaching building though.
It’s such a dilemma haha, which are you leaning towards?

ngl I think leeds, but i would happily attend either one
bsms is my firm!!
Original post by smallsockbigtoe
bsms is my firm!!

Mine too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending