The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by ozzyoscy
See below:

But my breakfast isn't acidic....?
Original post by Swanbow
But my breakfast isn't acidic....?

The acidic bit was talking about drinking. There is acidity in food, but chewing in general is what really weakens the enamel, as I'm sure you can imagine.

So if you brush your teeth before it's had a chance to get back to normal, you're eroding the enamel away as you scrub.
(edited 10 years ago)
I brush my teeth;

When I get up (before breakfast)

When I go to bed

When I eat anything acidic or sugary

So it can be up to like 6 times a day haha.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 183
The acidic bit was talking about drinking. There is acidity in food, but chewing in general is what really weakens the enamel, as I'm sure you can imagine.

So if you brush your teeth before it's had a chance to get back to normal, you're eroding the enamel away as you scrub.

Yeah but my usual morning routine is eating my oats, brushing my teeth and having my coffee afterwards. Surely that isn't going damage to my enamel? I mean I'll switch to brushing my teeth before just horrible going about my day with pieces of food in my teeth,
Original post by Stevo112
I brush my teeth;

When I get up (before breakfast)

When I go to bed

When I eat anything acidic or sugary

So it can be up to like 6 times a day haha.

Good God. You're probably better off never brushing. O_o
Original post by Swanbow
Yeah but my usual morning routine is eating my oats, brushing my teeth and having my coffee afterwards. Surely that isn't going damage to my enamel? I mean I'll switch to brushing my teeth before just horrible going about my day with pieces of food in my teeth,

That's why we're supposed to floss.

Supposed to. >_>
Before breakfast. Once I drink coffee all the minty taste wears off :s-smilie:
Brush before you ****s
Reply 188
That's why we're supposed to floss.

Supposed to. >_>

Hahah I never use to floss, then my dentist said I was starting to show signs of early gum disease so I floss daily now. Its amazing the amount of junk that hides between your teeth, nothing beats a floss and some mouth wash to feel fresh.
That's like asking do you wipe your bum before or after you have a ****
Original post by 122025278
That's like asking do you wipe your bum before or after you have a ****

Wiping your bum after a **** doesn't erode your anus.
Good God. You're probably better off never brushing. O_o

If I don't do that then the damage is worse :tongue:
Original post by Stevo112
If I don't do that then the damage is worse :tongue:

At least if you never brushed your teeth, you can still get your teeth scaled when you go to the dentist and use mouthwash to get a good run with them. What you're doing is as productive and damaging as banging your head on a wall to get rid of a headache.
(edited 10 years ago)
The bacteria are in your mouth anyway so there is no difference at all haha! :smile:
At least if you never brushed your teeth, you can still get your teeth scaled when you go to the dentist and use mouthwash to get a good run with them. What you're doing is as productive and damaging as banging your head on a wall to get rid of a headache.

Actually I need dentures (think it is a partial set) for the top teeth and while waiting for treatment I brush the top set to ensure that the number of infections I get are significantly reduced. If I only brushed twice a day then either I couldn't eat/drink anything acidic or sugary or I would be in considerable pain for a few days each month. It is more to keep my top teeth sterilized seeing as they are pretty much screwed. The bottom ones are in good condition and I don't brush them as often.
(edited 10 years ago)
Brush before, mouthwash after :awesome: And I have no fillings.
Always after. Your breakfast would taste of toothpaste otherwise.
After. I don't really care about bacteria. I live on the wild side.
Reply 198
Original post by sammiloczy
After. I don't really care about bacteria. I live on the wild side.

Ooh, dirty girl. :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by sammiloczy
After. I don't really care about bacteria.

Or enamel, it seems.

Latest