The Student Room Group

corsodyl toothpaste making gums more swollen and sting.

Hi, I'm using corsodyl toothpaste and it made all of my gums swollen after I used it this morning (for the first time). I used it right now at night and my gums stung sooo much (when it didn't previously with any other toothpaste) during and after brushing my teeth. Is this normal?
You might be allergic to it. Maybe try speaking to your dentist? But no, this is definitely not normal.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm using corsodyl toothpaste and it made all of my gums swollen after I used it this morning (for the first time). I used it right now at night and my gums stung sooo much (when it didn't previously with any other toothpaste) during and after brushing my teeth. Is this normal?

Hi there,

That doesn't sound normal; please speak to your dentist. In the meantime, maybe change your toothpaste?

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo
Student Ambassador
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,

That doesn't sound normal; please speak to your dentist. In the meantime, maybe change your toothpaste?

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo
Student Ambassador

Original post by Wibble04
You might be allergic to it. Maybe try speaking to your dentist? But no, this is definitely not normal.

The thing is, I don't have a dentist so I don't know how quickly I'll be able to see one. I brushed my teeth this morning and my gums bled soo easily when they hadn't before (I changed my toothpaste).
Maybe try switching to a softer toothbrush while you see if you can get an appointment with a dentist?
Reply 5
Well i eat corsodyl toothpaste all the time for breakfast, lunch and dinner mixed with some charcoal toothpaste and albas oil in a big bowl. Tastes delicious!

Quick Reply

Latest