The Student Room Group

Worry

I didn't really worry about my breath until my mother asked me twice if I had brushed my teeth that day when I was talking to her in close proximity when I was a teenager. I've been worried about it ever since. I try to clean every possible spot in my mouth when I brush, but I never get too close to people anymore and I can't speak if they're too close to me. It doesn't help that I worry about BO too. Is there any way at all to know if you're clean and odourless?
You can lick the back of your hand and smell it. if it smells bad even after brushing in the morning you might have a problem. i remember reading an article about a girl stating she had a problem with bad breath even though she brushed her teeth twice and used mouthwash regularly. There after she booked an appointment with her dentist and there was indeed a problem(idk if it was her teeth, tounge or throught) and the dentist prescribed her with some tablets, that u have to let sit on ur tounge and dissolve and the problem was solved. But the chances are u might just be paranoid. however if u still feel like theres something wrong i really recommend seeing a dentist and telling them about ur issue.
Reply 2
You could ask someone you trust to be truthful with you
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't really worry about my breath until my mother asked me twice if I had brushed my teeth that day when I was talking to her in close proximity when I was a teenager. I've been worried about it ever since. I try to clean every possible spot in my mouth when I brush, but I never get too close to people anymore and I can't speak if they're too close to me. It doesn't help that I worry about BO too. Is there any way at all to know if you're clean and odourless?

The dentist is the obvious person to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
You can lick the back of your hand and smell it. if it smells bad even after brushing in the morning you might have a problem. i remember reading an article about a girl stating she had a problem with bad breath even though she brushed her teeth twice and used mouthwash regularly. There after she booked an appointment with her dentist and there was indeed a problem(idk if it was her teeth, tounge or throught) and the dentist prescribed her with some tablets, that u have to let sit on ur tounge and dissolve and the problem was solved. But the chances are u might just be paranoid. however if u still feel like theres something wrong i really recommend seeing a dentist and telling them about ur issue.

Thank you
Reply 5
I think you could share your condition to anyone who are very close to you.

Quick Reply

Latest