The Student Room Group

Being unable to sleep the night before exams is really messing me up

I’ve studied hard for many months and do extremely well when I’m rested. But, when I’m having to sit exams with no sleep I just mess up. I’m more prone to basic errors and stuff. Usually, I fall asleep within 5 mins of closing my eyes, but night before exams I will just lie there for hours unable to sleep.

Things I’ve tried:
1. Skipping a night’s sleep, so I’m extra tired. No work
2. Exercising before sleep no work
3. Weed tried that don’t work
Reply 1
Original post by Gulag0
I’ve studied hard for many months and do extremely well when I’m rested. But, when I’m having to sit exams with no sleep I just mess up. I’m more prone to basic errors and stuff. Usually, I fall asleep within 5 mins of closing my eyes, but night before exams I will just lie there for hours unable to sleep.

Things I’ve tried:

Try listening to music - I find that helps, either in making me fall asleep quickly or at least letting my mind rest and relax, even if I don't manage to fall asleep. Maybe start the queue with more active songs and then more and more relaxing/lullaby songs. Or try listening to songs in other languages, since if you can't understand what's said, it should help your mind relax (since it won't be processing words). I listen to some Japanese music for example.
Hope this helps you get some sleep!
Original post by Gulag0

Things I’ve tried:

maybe try staying up with some easy revision as you're tired, then wait til you physically feel your eyes closing before you go to bed.
get fully ready beforehand bc i wake up too much when i go to brush my teeth

Quick Reply

Latest