The Student Room Group

Hello earthlings

Okay guys
HEY
so im sixteen
and i just got into my Alevels
and i'll start applying for universities by next year
so basically i just need help in deciding a good university in london that offers medicine
so, any ideas?
Reply 1
Welcome to TSR!

I'm also applying for medicine now (as a postgrad though).

All medical degrees in the UK are basically the same in terms of how good they are and the result of it. Wherever you go, you're still getting the same qualification (all the unis have to meet GMC criteria).

In London, there are a number of different places you can study medicine:
UCL
Kings
Barts (Queen Mary's)
St George's
Imperial

Each one has their own criteria which you can look up on their websites.

Good luck with it all!
Reply 2
Medicine?A great science and study!

London has many good universities like Imperial,UCL etc

However try to be focused now at your exams and do the best you can.Then depending on your exam results you will have plenty of time to choose..Everything in time.
Okay so how many universities would offer a summer school programme? for people like 16-18 years old
in london?
Reply 4
My advice would be: don't aim for the universities which are the best - don't limit yourself to London. Apply to universities that play to your strengths, e.g. ones that focus on UKCAT or others that are very personal statement orientated. If you limit yourself to London, you don't have a great deal of choice and really limit your chances.
Reply 5
Original post by tayyabahafeez97
Okay so how many universities would offer a summer school programme? for people like 16-18 years old
in london?

There's a huge amount of information on TSR - might I suggest you read the medicine wiki and then come back with any questions afterwards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending