The Student Room Group

How much did you spend moving to uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und3niable_
I loove the gym group but I'll re-join next summer, and yay I kinda love that I work in a shop where I can get money off all my uni bits and bobs. Ah you're so lucky, the gym sounds good!:biggrin:

Aww I'm jealous, I wish I could get money off stuff I need for uni :P
I'm really not looking forward to having to buy pans and chopping knives they can be so expensive >.<
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm really not looking forward to having to buy pans and chopping knives they can be so expensive >.<

They're last on my list ha..today I'm finishing general kitchen stuff i.e plates, cups, tumblers, tea towels :biggrin:
under 100 quid, you really don't need to go mad, you can buy things when you're there and that way you wont buy anything unnecessary
Around £200... I hope so! I'm moving to England though, gonna take one suitcase on the plane with me and send two more (hopefully that'll do) by DPD (30 kg = £30, not bad!). Though I'm getting a new laptop which in £ is like 450... And I'm still unsure how much is the deposit in my halls.
Oh and I'll have around £40-50 per week for food etc... Before I find part-time job to add to it... Hope it's gonna be enough... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by und3niable_
They're last on my list ha..today I'm finishing general kitchen stuff i.e plates, cups, tumblers, tea towels :biggrin:

I think I'm either going to get my plates and stuff from wilkinsons or asda, it's only £5 for a 12 piece set in wilkinson, but i might get it in asda instead since I might get everything else there. :P

I'm using Tesco vouchers and mum got me some decent pans from ikea quite cheaply :-) xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilairyfairy
I'm using Tesco vouchers and mum got me some decent pans from ikea quite cheaply :-) xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I don't have any vouchers :frown: how much were the pans do you know? I keep finding pan sets that have way too many saucepans but no frying pan or no wok, it's so frustrating but to buy them separately it's so expensive!
Ahh I don't have any vouchers :frown: how much were the pans do you know? I keep finding pan sets that have way too many saucepans but no frying pan or no wok, it's so frustrating but to buy them separately it's so expensive!

Everyone's keep talking about saucepans and I have no idea what are these... o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile
green-pan-group2.jpg
Original post by lastlullabyy
Everyone's keep talking about saucepans and I have no idea what are these... o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here you go :smile: sorry it turned out small but if you click it it'll take you to the image
green-pan-group2.jpg

Here you go :smile: sorry it turned out small but if you click it it'll take you to the image

Oh thanks... So THESE are those famous saucepans... We don't even use them in Poland... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh thanks... So THESE are those famous saucepans... We don't even use them in Poland... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah to be honest I'd only use them myself to make rice and pasta or if I was going to make gravy, pretty much everything else would be in a frying pan or wok. But I can't seem to find a set that has 1 of each :frown:
Yeah to be honest I'd only use them myself to make rice and pasta or if I was going to make gravy, pretty much everything else would be in a frying pan or wok. But I can't seem to find a set that has 1 of each :frown:

Well I have to wait for uni's decision till 15th cause I've been classed as a "near miss" - then I'll know whether Newcastle or UEA and THEN I can get all excited and start packing etc :biggrin:
What are you going to study and where? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I have to wait for uni's decision till 15th cause I've been classed as a "near miss" - then I'll know whether Newcastle or UEA and THEN I can get all excited and start packing etc :biggrin:
What are you going to study and where? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A near miss? :frown: That sounds scary.
Luckily I know I've got the UCAS points I need, but they've still not changed my offer to unconditional so i'm worrying, but i'll probably find out around the same time as you.
I'm going to Liverpool John Moores to do biomedical sciences with a foundation year :biggrin: so excited. What're you studying?
A near miss? :frown: That sounds scary.
Luckily I know I've got the UCAS points I need, but they've still not changed my offer to unconditional so i'm worrying, but i'll probably find out around the same time as you.
I'm going to Liverpool John Moores to do biomedical sciences with a foundation year :biggrin: so excited. What're you studying?

Haha! ;D If Newcastle then Biomedical Science too, if UEA then Biomedicine. Though it's really the same thing :wink:
Yea I got 33, 654 in my IB exams and offer was 34, 555.
But admissions tutor told me over a phone that chances are in my favour :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha! ;D If Newcastle then Biomedical Science too, if UEA then Biomedicine. Though it's really the same thing :wink:
Yea I got 33, 654 in my IB exams and offer was 34, 555.
But admissions tutor told me over a phone that chances are in my favour :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome! :biggrin:
I don't know that points system, ours is different. You seem really close to your offer though so I'd be hopeful :smile:
Oh awesome! :biggrin:
I don't know that points system, ours is different. You seem really close to your offer though so I'd be hopeful :smile:

Well the IB is also quite popular in the UK though it's much harder than A-Levels which I still regret I couldn't take :frown:
Yea well fingers crossed ^^ We'll see on 15th - UEA is freaking amazing as well, wouldn't cry if I end up there :smile: But I've already met soooo many great folks heading to Newcastle... So that'd make me sad :frown:
What are your plans after BSc in biomed? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

About £15 for a little set of three, i'm then buying a frying pan and woken separate my mum and gran are saving me their pan vouchers so i can get them cheep :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well the IB is also quite popular in the UK though it's much harder than A-Levels which I still regret I couldn't take :frown:
Yea well fingers crossed ^^ We'll see on 15th - UEA is freaking amazing as well, wouldn't cry if I end up there :smile: But I've already met soooo many great folks heading to Newcastle... So that'd make me sad :frown:
What are your plans after BSc in biomed? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't take A levels either :frown: I also wish I would have. All the best of luck to you anyway!
I'm hoping to do postgraduate but ultimately I want to go into medical research, things like viral vaccine research, neurological diseases research etc. I'm not sure what exactly though it would all depend how in-depth the course goes if I'd need to to take a postgraduate speciality to get a lab job. You?
Original post by lilairyfairy
About £15 for a little set of three, i'm then buying a frying pan and woken separate my mum and gran are saving me their pan vouchers so i can get them cheep :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I take it the set was all saucepans? I doubt I'd need 3 to be honest. I've been thinking about getting this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AFB95VE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2X5QKTIJPT88W but it's only got one review so not much to go on
I couldn't take A levels either :frown: I also wish I would have. All the best of luck to you anyway!
I'm hoping to do postgraduate but ultimately I want to go into medical research, things like viral vaccine research, neurological diseases research etc. I'm not sure what exactly though it would all depend how in-depth the course goes if I'd need to to take a postgraduate speciality to get a lab job. You?

I was thinking about Masters in either Stem Cells and Regenerative Meducine or Neuromuscular Diseases... Then graduate Medicine and we'll see :wink: I'd also want to carry researcb on Alzheimer's. Wrote my Extended Essay on a link connection between Down Syndrome and development of Alzheimer's Disease later in life and got really fascinated through those 5 moths spent on writing... :smile:
Good luck to you too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending