The Student Room Group

Philosophy 2014 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Is anyone firming Philosophy and Theology or single honours Philosophy at Durham? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 421
I submitted my application to Birmingham University MRes programme in philosophy - yesterday. I was just wondering how long does it take for Birmingham's Philosophy Department to make a decision? Ofc, I am not expecting it to be in the followin few days, but I am just curious. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 422
Original post by sundevil
I submitted my application to Birmingham University MRes programme in philosophy - yesterday. I was just wondering how long does it take for Birmingham's Philosophy Department to make a decision? Ofc, I am not expecting it to be in the followin few days, but I am just curious. Thanks! :smile:

for my joint honours application it took them about a month, i think. :smile:
Reply 423
Original post by yahp
for my joint honours application it took them about a month, i think. :smile:

thank you very much for reply. It's been only few days but I am really nervous. :/ So, it seem that there is a whole month ahead of me :smile:

Were you accepted?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 424
hi guys i am choosing between KCL and Warwick, wondering if anyone can pour in some thoughts to help with my decision?
KCL seems great for it is in London (duh), plus it is ranked second in the Guardian table for Philosophy (!!)
At the same time Wariwick is also a great uni itself and I heard it has a tight community coz everything kinda happens inside the campus- which sounds like such a friendly and cozy place to be for the next 3 years
Any thoughts? :smile:
Reply 425
Original post by vyx
hi guys i am choosing between KCL and Warwick, wondering if anyone can pour in some thoughts to help with my decision?
KCL seems great for it is in London (duh), plus it is ranked second in the Guardian table for Philosophy (!!)
At the same time Wariwick is also a great uni itself and I heard it has a tight community coz everything kinda happens inside the campus- which sounds like such a friendly and cozy place to be for the next 3 years
Any thoughts? :smile:

I had offers from both but they were different so that affected my choice. I preferred Kings to Warwick - I really didn't think the Warwick course was very well respected and Kings has much better employment stats. Also, I think the Guardian tables throw up some bizarre rankings so I don't trust them as much as I would some other tables. I prefered both Durham and Bristol to Kings so firmed Durham. Warwick was my only lower offer so I had to insure it, but I'm really hoping I don't end up there.
Has anyone firmed philosophy at St Andrews?
Reply 427
MRes Philosophy Uni of Birmingham. Today is 5 weeks since I submitted my application. I am going crazy... :/
Reply 428
Anyone with offers from cambridge?
Original post by annmcc
Is anyone firming Philosophy and Theology or single honours Philosophy at Durham? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just rejected PhilTh at Durham the other day - they assigned me to a college i didn't like (Trevs) and I felt like they didn't handle my application very well in a lot of ways...Nottingham here I come! (Love unconditional offers :smile: )
Is anyone here firming Nottingham for Philosophy and Theology or straight Philosophy? It would be lovely to hear from you, I don't know anyone who's going at the moment :smile: I have an unconditional so I'll definitely be going! :biggrin:
Original post by jonwithnoname
I just rejected PhilTh at Durham the other day - they assigned me to a college i didn't like (Trevs) and I felt like they didn't handle my application very well in a lot of ways...Nottingham here I come! (Love unconditional offers :smile: )

Seriously? Trevs is a great college and Durham looks so much better on your CV than Nottingham.
Reply 432
Original post by jonwithnoname

Oh no! That's a shame :frown: they assigned me to John's which I am really happy with but I think being given a college I wasn't keen on would have affected my choice too :smile: also you're literally the only other person I've heard mention PhilThe at Durham! Good luck at Nottingham I'm sure you'll love it!
Original post by KayteeKaytee
Seriously? Trevs is a great college and Durham looks so much better on your CV than Nottingham.

So true :smile:
Original post by KayteeKaytee

It is a great college - I have a friend in her first year doing Music there and she absolutely loves it :smile: it just wasn't very "Me", I didn't like it when I looked around on the open day :') they're both good universities, I'm sure I'll be fine, but thank you for your concern :smile:
Original post by annmcc
Oh no! That's a shame :frown: they assigned me to John's which I am really happy with but I think being given a college I wasn't keen on would have affected my choice too :smile: also you're literally the only other person I've heard mention PhilThe at Durham! Good luck at Nottingham I'm sure you'll love it!

John's is a great college, I originally applied to Chad's :smile: I hope you get into Durham, and thank you!
Fellow offer holder for cam! What college? :smile: Got Kings myself
http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/want-to-have-more-sex-at-university-study-philosophy-at-brighton-survey-suggests-9417032.html

'The Independent'

The University Sex League Survey, conducted by popular website StudentBeans, revealed that the average Brighton student beds 10.29 people over the course of their degree - but in stark contrast, their fellow Brighton residents at the University of Sussex lag behind in 61 place with an average of 4.48 partners.

The survey was topped by Roehampton University last year, but it has slipped to 17th place with 6.3 average partners this year.

And in terms of subjects, hospitality and philosophy have been revealed as the most frisky, with around 7 partners each - but their friends in chemical engineering, nursing and human resources trail behind as the least sexually active students. The average chemical engineer will have 2.31 partners over the course of their degree.

Who knew Philosophy students were so... 'frisky'. :mmm: :perv:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending