The Student Room Group

Course change

HELP!!!!! I got into edinburgh university for a philsophy degree, I applied for the 4 year course yet on my UCAS it says I have got a integrated masters degree, that means 5 years right, I dont want to do that, can anyone help is this a mistake or on purpose
Original post by gabyrickard
HELP!!!!! I got into edinburgh university for a philsophy degree, I applied for the 4 year course yet on my UCAS it says I have got a integrated masters degree, that means 5 years right, I dont want to do that, can anyone help is this a mistake or on purpose

Does the offer use the phrase "integrated masters degree" or does it say "MA" and you've assumed that means an integrated masters?

This page on their web site says, "Most of our Master of Arts (MA) awards are undergraduate awards given to students who have completed an undergraduate programme in a humanities-related subject." (The emphasis is theirs.)

If it's straight Philosophy (rather than "Philosophy and something") then at Edinburgh it's a 4-year MA, UCAS code V500. Is that the UCAS code you see on your application / offer? See here for the course details. (Their "Philosophy and something" join degrees are also 4-year MAs, but have different UCAS codes.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending