The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by MrSupernova
Yeah, it could be, but it's the fact that they've invalidated your ourlounge account that's concerning me... They are all obsessed with speed, then again that I'd the point of fast food haha. I did this to myself on my 3rd shift due to being hassled to hurry up

Who was telling you to hurry up btw? If it's a crew trainer, then it's nothing to worry about, but if assistant/business managers were saying it that could be the problem. I still think the best thing to do is to talk to them tomorrow and express your concerns

Well I haven't been fired but instead got an 'engraved' name badge which people seem to say signifies you have the job for good, good news so far.

However, I still cant access McTime and, as far as I know, I still haven't got any shifts.

My plan was to ask them at the end of my shift today, but it was still busy at 3 in the afternoon, so I couldn't really do it. I need to choose a better time to ask about this stuff!

Can they still get me shifts even if the scheduling is all done?
Reply 781
Original post by e.tstw
Got my first shift on Monday 10-2, really nervous :frown: the man I had the welcome meeting with told me I'd be on the 'front', I guess that means tills right?

Yep, you'll be buddied up with someone who will show the till, ask you to make drinks and maybe baggage food.
Reply 782
^ any ideas, I have the interview tomo
I have just spent the last 6 hours on drinks. Never again please D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Original post by Dusky Mauve

Posted from TSR Mobile

But drinks is nice and easy!
Reply 785
Original post by joereed
Yep, you'll be buddied up with someone who will show the till, ask you to make drinks and maybe baggage food.

Oh okay, hopefully I'll have a nice trainer :smile: the store I'm working at is fairly small, so hopefully it won't be too busy either.
Reply 786
Original post by e.tstw
Oh okay, hopefully I'll have a nice trainer :smile: the store I'm working at is fairly small, so hopefully it won't be too busy either.

It will always get busy, no matter what size the store!
Reply 787

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just seen you're from Sheffield! What store do you work at? (if you don't mind me asking :smile:)
Reply 788
Had a pretty awful shift, worked on breakfast, and spilt 2 loads of pattys, and, just as we changed over to burgers, mucked up a plain cheese burger and an extremely hungover worker started getting angry to the boss, I could tell he just wasn't up for being around a trainee. To compound it, I didn't clean the grill properly and made me do it, to be fair, I'm surprised he didn't hit me!
My manager wants me to work on a college day next month, can't be bunking college on my first month!
Reply 790
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I got an apron with my uniform, do I need to wear this while on the tills or just if I am working in the kitchen?
Reply 791
Original post by e.tstw
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I got an apron with my uniform, do I need to wear this while on the tills or just if I am working in the kitchen?

Just if you are in kitchen or stationed on the fry station.
Reply 792
Was scheduled 11-7 and ended up working 10.45-9 ugh my back :frown: knackered and it all starts again tomorrow morning but working past 8 was nice - barely did anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joereed
But drinks is nice and easy!

But it makes your legs hurt 'cos you're just standing still for ages :'(
At my store 'being on drinks' only includes carbonated drinks, 'cos we get so busy it takes too long for people on tills to get drinks for themselves, so we just have someone constantly churning them out :frown:

Original post by e.tstw
Just seen you're from Sheffield! What store do you work at? (if you don't mind me asking :smile:)

I'm at Meadowhall :smile:
Which store will you be working at?
Reply 794
First shift went pretty well, but I was on drinks so it was pretty easy and also not busy :P
Reply 795
But it makes your legs hurt 'cos you're just standing still for ages :'(
At my store 'being on drinks' only includes carbonated drinks, 'cos we get so busy it takes too long for people on tills to get drinks for themselves, so we just have someone constantly churning them out :frown:

I'm at Meadowhall :smile:
Which store will you be working at?

Same at my store, it would take to long at mine to have someone run from fizzy drinks to ice drinks/ice cream but really it's only ever new starters on drinks for a first shift. Feel quite guilty as I had a new start today but only really had time to show him how to do fizzy drinks plus get stock for it :s-smilie: Still good he didn't have to move much, his shoes left footprints where ever he went :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 796
Reply 797
Original post by GTO656

Have a look for through the new and old thread, it's been covered many times.

New
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2414381&query=interview

Old

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=608824&query=interview
Original post by e.tstw

Another Sheffield-er over here. I work at the high street. I can't think of any small stores in Sheffield, what store are you at? :smile:
Just wondering what it's like to work in McDonalds and what the interview process is like.

Also is it hard to get accepted there? I'm a student who gets A/B's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending