The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by SortYourLife
On the peoplestuff system, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

kk, cheers :biggrin:
Managers are driving me bonkers at the moment; we have a new assistant manager (well, she might just be 'on loan' from another store, not sure) who keeps telling me to do something I'm already doing (like 'put loads of fries down' when I've already seen the massive queue and am already doing it), then today our BM was in and he kept doing the same.

And our second assistant keeps finding moments to criticise me and never says anything nice (despite that all the other managers only ever have good to say about me)-like today, she was criticising my fry levels and saying I wasn't watching the queue-which I was-at the ONE point where I had too many despite that I had otherwise been pretty much perfect the rest of the time. Besides which, I'd been on fries all day at this point and was hot and tired (and there had been a bunch of teenagers in, how was I to know they were just all going to have drinks and flurries?), give a girl a break... :rolleyes:

Yo-yoing between going down to one day a week when uni starts, or quitting...I like the people I work with and generally have a good giggle at work, and I rarely have to deal with annoying customers and I like feeling like I'm (mostly) good at what I do, but these sorts of niggling things get to me sometimes. Some people just seem to have the knack for deflating your 'I'm amazing today' feeling by pointing out you should have 3 less chips in your fries or something like that...
Reply 1182
We close at 11 and it's been dead since 10:30 so most things are being cooked to order, then the person on the door at 11:03 lets 4 people walk past him when we only have one McBites left :angry: Four drunks demanding food, what fun, they left soon enough after telling what a great job I have :rolleyes:
Hi, I've had a few weeks off work due to college starting and stuff but I have an 11-8 shift tomorrow and a 4-9 shift on Sunday and I know nothing about the new special menus and the people at my store are generally useless at telling me about new things, they just go on like I should know it even though I haven't been in. So could someone help me please? Like what are the new specials?
Original post by martynsteel
You've been there for how long and you still call it the heater thing? :P

I refuse to call it by it's proper name, "UHC" sounds like something from a **** sci-fi novel
Original post by gabrielleahmed
Hi, I've had a few weeks off work due to college starting and stuff but I have an 11-8 shift tomorrow and a 4-9 shift on Sunday and I know nothing about the new special menus and the people at my store are generally useless at telling me about new things, they just go on like I should know it even though I haven't been in. So could someone help me please? Like what are the new specials?

One's called the 'Australian Supreme' or something along those lines. I'm fairly sure there's BBQ sauce in there somewhere, probably no kangaroo meat though
Original post by MrSupernova
One's called the 'Australian Supreme' or something along those lines. I'm fairly sure there's BBQ sauce in there somewhere, probably no kangaroo meat though

We've been using sweet and tangy sauce instead which one is correct? :tongue:
Original post by MathsNerd1

I wouldn't trust anything I say haha, all I know is they look less nauseous than those Mexican things
Reply 1188

I've been off for the last week, but it had the sweet and tangy sauce on it last year, so I'm assuming that's right. I'm pretty sure it's the burger with all the core ingredients on it, so if we run of of everything then it just goes back to that one.

If you go to ourlounge, there should be a nabit section (pretty sure there's a link on the homepage) which tells you al about the promotions that are on. It shows you videos and stuff on how to make them too :smile:

It's got sweet and tangy and mayo on it, I think it's the burger that makes it BBQ? Not too sure though. Fresh onions, lettuce, and as ronda says uses everything that's already in the store :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I refuse to call it by it's proper name, "UHC" sounds like something from a **** sci-fi novel

The UHC is where's chicken is stored, are you sure you don't mean the Transfer bin? :smile:

If you check out the NABIT videos on ourlounge but can't remember why you're at work, go onto the tills under the 'Help' section there's a reminder document under 'GTW 2013' and there'll also be construction charts on grill side on how to build each burger too :smile:
x

Check my post above this one, quoted the wrong person aha!
Reply 1193

The UHC is where's chicken is stored, are you sure you don't mean the Transfer bin? :smile:

Either that or the HLZ ... which I'm sure someone in this thread calls Keith at their store :curious:
Original post by heidigirl
Managers are driving me bonkers at the moment; we have a new assistant manager (well, she might just be 'on loan' from another store, not sure) who keeps telling me to do something I'm already doing (like 'put loads of fries down' when I've already seen the massive queue and am already doing it), then today our BM was in and he kept doing the same
Gotta love when people do that. I swear they do it to make themselves look good. "Look at me giving direction!"
Though I don't think it quite works with me. Tend to get a glare and a very blunt answer if they tell me to do something that I'm already on :tongue: no time for nonsense on my shifts!
I think if I was you I'd stay on. The good part about being in one day a week is that you don't really have to take the job as seriously. Becomes more of a hobby :smile:
Had one of those days where everything seemed to go, I know it didn't but it was the fact we were holding like 30% of cars and our CTP and AST were out the window :frown:

I mean the heater-thing haha, it's a technical term :wink:
You know it's winter when you're allowed a hot drink on hand held!!

Spoiler

There's this girl at work who goes on like she's a manager but she's just a crew member herself. I had an awful 11-8 shift yesterday in which I almost scolded a customer with a cup of tea, which was entirely an accident. Then, this girl 'took me to the side' and told me I was doing a bad job and saying if I carry on I'll be sacked. But surely everyone has bad days don't they? I was on front counter. I literally felt like crying and because she had 'told me off' I was under pressure the whole day but when she went at 4 I was perfectly fine. Urgh I hope she's not there today on my 4-9 shift.
There's this girl at work who goes on like she's a manager but she's just a crew member herself. I had an awful 11-8 shift yesterday in which I almost scolded a customer with a cup of tea, which was entirely an accident. Then, this girl 'took me to the side' and told me I was doing a bad job and saying if I carry on I'll be sacked. But surely everyone has bad days don't they? I was on front counter. I literally felt like crying and because she had 'told me off' I was under pressure the whole day but when she went at 4 I was perfectly fine. Urgh I hope she's not there today on my 4-9 shift.

If she's only a crew member she can't really tell you off, she should've just told what you were doing wrong and tried to corrective coach you to do better, you shouldn't feel scared about going to work just because of this girl and if you want you could talk to your BM about it as its okay to let someone know what they're doing wrong if they actually help you to improve afterwards.
If she's only a crew member she can't really tell you off, she should've just told what you were doing wrong and tried to corrective coach you to do better, you shouldn't feel scared about going to work just because of this girl and if you want you could talk to your BM about it as its okay to let someone know what they're doing wrong if they actually help you to improve afterwards.

I think she feels superior because she's got all 5 stars on her badge but that's not the point, she's just an annoying person. What really annoyed me the most was that she went round telling everyone about my mistake. Then she said I was giving out the wrong grills, kitchen had been putting the wrong stickers on the boxes so that wasn't my fault either. urgh it's just awful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending