The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Had my interview and OJE, was surprised at how well it went. Had to give balloons to kids, clean the areas, and clean up after some chavs left a half-chewed Big Mac on the seat and had trodden a load of French Fries into the floor. But I know people who work there and get along with them, so I guess that helps, too. Just hope I get it so I can save up and go travelling in the summer!
Not impressed with my scheduling manager. Again.

Next weekend is our FOR, thus I've been put on a 6am-4pm shift similar to this weekends practise one. However, I've been scheduled a 4-10 for the friday night AGAIN. -_-
I wish I could stay on chicken forever.
I was put into fries for about two hours and I nearly screamed my head off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1583
Hey, Guys.
My luck is beginning to turn!
I've FINALLY been invited for an interview and OJE.
But what am I to expect?
What questions will they ask?
What should I wear?

Please answer? Lol.
Quite worried here..
What time are stores usually open till on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve? The shopping centre we're in shuts at 5pm and 4pm on these days, but on any other day the food court would stay open till late. Will this be the same on these two days aswell?
Original post by Dusky Mauve
What time are stores usually open till on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve? The shopping centre we're in shuts at 5pm and 4pm on these days, but on any other day the food court would stay open till late. Will this be the same on these two days aswell?

Hmm If it was me asking this then I would have been asking a manager in store and not on the internet because WE DON'T WANT AT THE SAME PLACE,
Original post by Smartcook
Hmm If it was me asking this then I would have been asking a manager in store and not on the internet because WE DON'T WANT AT THE SAME PLACE,

I know that, but I'm speaking generally, because I don't want to seem cheeky asking a manager. I'm asking if there's any chance the store would be open till midnight on Christmas Eve?
Original post by RheSy
Hey, Guys.
My luck is beginning to turn!
I've FINALLY been invited for an interview and OJE.
But what am I to expect?
What questions will they ask?
What should I wear?

Please answer? Lol.
Quite worried here..

Hello there! I had mine in September, it was really easy!
I was freaking out too and I think I asked the same questions a few pages ago, you might want to check that out.
They asked me what my hobbies were, why I want to work there, teamwork, a situation where a member wasn't doing their job&your input into that situation... they might ask you what you're studying atm, and it is basically a general chat really.
Just be really open, friendly and smile a lot, that's what I did but mine barely was an interview as the manager accepted me on the spot.

On the OJE, they show you everything, you might be exposed to till work or in the kitchen.
I was exposed to both, the grill and till, it was pretty straightforward.

People helped me in the thread so it seems fair giving the same amount of help I got in your situation.
They are really big on teamwork and being active, also remember what you put into your multiple question questionnaire, my manager had it with him.

Good luck :smile:

P.S about what you wear, it should say to wear black/dark trousers. I wore a blouse as well, but if you're a guy, don't wear a tie, it'd get in the way on your OJE (if you get one that is, I read some don't do one).
(edited 10 years ago)
I know that, but I'm speaking generally, because I don't want to seem cheeky asking a manager. I'm asking if there's any chance the store would be open till midnight on Christmas Eve?

Maybe, if it's in a really big city, most probably if it's a drive-through.
Mine closes really early, as it is not a drive-through and it's in town, so no one ever works overnight because the shops close at 8/9/10 so 11 is the latest I think.
Just ask, or you can ask a co-worker.
Guys on the peoplestuff floor plan, what is collect? We've just switched over and I'm on collect for a few shifts next week but I've got no idea what it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lot applied and failed. I think I applied 7 days after it was advertised and people snapped the chance before me.
Original post by Stripes23
Guys on the peoplestuff floor plan, what is collect? We've just switched over and I'm on collect for a few shifts next week but I've got no idea what it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's present. I wouldn't take much notice of it though... I regularly have shifts where I'm scheduled to be doing 5 or 6 different things, but I normally just stay in one area unless I have to cover someone's break

Ours is quite a busy store, being right next to the Trafford centre and having a drive thru, we normally shut at 11, but I know last year we shut at 9

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stripes23

Posted from TSR Mobile

Booth 3 on drive thru, either window, drinks, checking, food :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SortYourLife

Posted from TSR Mobile

what's your booths 1/2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MrSupernova
I think it's present. I wouldn't take much notice of it though... I regularly have shifts where I'm scheduled to be doing 5 or 6 different things, but I normally just stay in one area unless I have to cover someone's break

Great, thanks guys!
Ours is quite a busy store, being right next to the Trafford centre and having a drive thru, we normally shut at 11, but I know last year we shut at 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, so it shouldn't be too late then! :smile:
Reply 1597
Original post by Shorty94
what's your booths 1/2?

My store chooses to ignore the fact they got rid of booth 2 :tongue: So we still call it booth 1 & 3 ... despite only having two windows.
Original post by Shorty94
what's your booths 1/2?

Sorry, our store still calls booth 3 although we've not had a booth 2 for probably a good 10 years if not longer aha. So booth 1 is where you pay (or for the many idiots that drive straight past the speaker it's also where they order) and then booth 2 just doesn't exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having a hard time trying to change availability...

They should so have apps for mystuff and all that lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending