The Student Room Group

C3 Trigonometry help

http://www.mediafire.com/view/j31wsh39pks6zzl

I only need help on the first part, the rest seem easy to me. I find it hard to set up the equations and start it off. I'm guessing perimeter is involved.:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you for any help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by krisshP
http://www.mediafire.com/view/j31wsh39pks6zzl

I only need help on the first part, the rest seem easy to me. I find it hard to set up the equations and start it off. I'm guessing perimeter is involved.:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you for any help :smile:

It's a bit of geometry. Consider the angles in the triangles and the width of the 2.5m thingy :smile:
first of all draw a straight line from one end of the passage to the other end with the line just touching point A. That should give you a right angle triangle with side AD and another right angle triangle with side AB
Reply 3
Original post by joostan
It's a bit of geometry. Consider the angles in the triangles and the width of the 2.5m thingy :smile:

Thanks for the quick response :smile:

I think I now know what you mean :biggrin: Later I'll try some stuff and tell you the outcome.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by FanTesticles
first of all draw a straight line from one end of the passage to the other end with the line just touching point A. That should give you a right angle triangle with side AD and another right angle triangle with side AB

Damm, that's exactly what I just was thinking with Joostan's advice.
the angle between AD and the wall is theta. the angle between AB and the wall is 90 minus theta.
Reply 6
the angle between AD and the wall is theta. the angle between AB and the wall is 90 minus theta.

Yeah, I know. Stop doing the rest please, I want to do it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by krisshP
Thanks for the quick response :smile:

I think I now know what you mean :biggrin: Later I'll try some stuff and tell you the outcome.

Thanks

No problem :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by joostan
No problem :smile:

I proved it as it turned out much easier than expected:smile:

Thanks for helping.
Reply 9
Original post by krisshP
I proved it as it turned out much easier than expected:smile:

Thanks for helping.

Nice +1 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest