The Student Room Group

Great date, now nothing. ..

Basically I met up with a guy, and we had a great first date. Lots in common, great conversation, I text him the following day (our first texts) saying thanks I had fun etc. He c replied a day later "Yeh I had fun too. I hope you had a good night. What are your plans for this week? X" . I told him I was meeting friends that night and then I had my driving I theory v this week. What about him. And asked how his friend's rugby trial went.

Two days later and no reply. I can't workout if he's playing games or uninterested.
I do really like him so may text in a few days asking if he'd like a second date.
Reply 1
Most likely uninterested, but if he's just playing hard to get then you'll get a text eventually. Just wait it out. He has your text, there is no reason to send another.
Reply 2
I'm just so confused as it was a good laugh. So you recommend waiting it out?
Reply 3
Just because someone hasn't texted you doesn't mean they're uninterested, he might be busy for all you know. It's only been two days, stop being impatient.
Reply 4
Just wait, don't go psycho bitch and start sending incoherent texts about him not replying quick enough.
Reply 5
I'm just annoyed that it doesn't take a second to send one text . I'll wait a few more days and just hope he sends one.
Thanks
Reply 6
Still nothing. :frown: do you think I should maybe wait until tomorrow then ask if he'd like a second date. No way of knowing if he's playing games or uninterested until i ask I guess
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just annoyed that it doesn't take a second to send one text . I'll wait a few more days and just hope he sends one.
Thanks

Still nothing. :frown: do you think I should maybe wait until tomorrow then ask if he'd like a second date. No way of knowing if he's playing games or uninterested until i ask I guess

I am not the kind of person who will wait to get played. Here's the thing, either he likes you or he doesn't. If he likes you, I don't think he would want to wait to talk to you. Its most likely he is not so interested but "hey lets have a date/company when I am free so I won't get bored" situation.

Ask him if he is serious or find another. Don't waste you valuable time and precious feelings for someone. If a guy is interested he will make it happen.

If he is playing, then he doesn't care, he just wanna play and have fun for him.

And yes call him now, texting is stupid. Call makes everything straight forward, no hiding.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Put it this way - if he's interested, then he'll contact you. If he's not, he won't. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't, there are plenty more fish in the sea! If you really think he's deliberately giving you mixed messages, he's not worth your time. :smile:
Reply 9
Basically I met up with a guy, and we had a great first date. Lots in common, great conversation, I text him the following day (our first texts) saying thanks I had fun etc. He c replied a day later "Yeh I had fun too. I hope you had a good night. What are your plans for this week? X" . I told him I was meeting friends that night and then I had my driving I theory v this week. What about him. And asked how his friend's rugby trial went.

Two days later and no reply. I can't workout if he's playing games or uninterested.
I do really like him so may text in a few days asking if he'd like a second date.

asking how his pals rugby trial went is weird if you've only recently met him. if i had a first date n the girl started texting me about my friend's activitives i find that dead weird and offputting.

dnt blame him.
Reply 10
Original post by EnzoC
asking how his pals rugby trial went is weird if you've only recently met him. if i had a first date n the girl started texting me about my friend's activitives i find that dead weird and offputting.

dnt blame him.

Seriously? I thought it shows ib took notice in the conversation. So I've blown it by asking that? :/
Reply 11
Original post by LJStudent
Put it this way - if he's interested, then he'll contact you. If he's not, he won't. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't, there are plenty more fish in the sea! If you really think he's deliberately giving you mixed messages, he's not worth your time. :smile:

Very true. I've decided not to message. I'm not chasing someone I didn't do anything wrong to drive away! Thank you.
Very true. I've decided not to message. I'm not chasing someone I didn't do anything wrong to drive away! Thank you.

No worries :smile: I think you've made the right decision. Hope all goes well!
Original post by EnzoC

dnt blame him.

That's rubbish.

I agree with everyone else. Don't put your life on hold waiting for a text - nobody is worth that. You don't know what he's looking for or what is happening in his life, so try not to take it personally. Hard I know!
Reply 14
Seriously? I thought it shows ib took notice in the conversation. So I've blown it by asking that? :/

Don't you think it's a bit weird/out of blue to ask him about his friends rugby trail? if i text a girl right after a date how did your friends modelling trail go i wouldn't exepct a reply. it's a conversation killer nor is it engaging.

I'm a good judge on these situations but it is convo killer/bit weird. I a girl did that to me i'd find it random and the convo would probably end there to.

although you meant it innocently you should have kept the conversation about you both.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending