The Student Room Group

Border force officer training?

Hello does anyone know where the 5 week training for the border force job is held? Is it local or held somewhere.
Applied to Manchester.

also, how long from when your checks are done do you get a start state?
thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ayesha.chaudhri
Hello does anyone know where the 5 week training for the border force job is held? Is it local or held somewhere.
Applied to Manchester.

thanks

Can’t say when you’ll be offered as it’ll depend on business needs for officers at particular locations. But once you have the confirmed offer you’ll be placed on a training course. It’ll be either Immigration or Customs foundation course, depending on what role you get.
The courses are run at training hubs in Manchester, Folkestone, Heathrow (Bedfont Lakes), Apollo House Croydon, or a venue in the Central Region ( eg Harwich, Tilbury, Stansted)
They’ll place you on whichever course or start date is available.
If it’s not near your home port you’ll get put up in a nearby hotel and given subs.

You may have a few days, or weeks, or even months at your home port before the course starts. In which case you’ll be shadowing officers as you can’t undertake any work until trained.
Thank you for this informaion
Reply 3
Can somebody give more details about the actual training for new starters, what does it include? What would be beneficial for a new starter to read prior to the training?Any tips are welcomed!
Applied to Manchester.

thanks

Hey! I applied Feb of this year for Manchester and I am still awaiting clearance for the SC check, have you any update on your clearance at all?
Hello no change at all.
What is going on
Reply 6
Original post by dom_PZ
Can somebody give more details about the actual training for new starters, what does it include? What would be beneficial for a new starter to read prior to the training?Any tips are welcomed!

It depends on your role; whether you will be customs or immigration (or dual). Both involve online training at first followed by classroom learning. Both programmes involve lots of role playing and scenarios.

No pre reading necessary. They are pretty basic courses; teaching you the bare minimum. Most of your learning will be later on when you're doing the job.

You will also have personal safety training which will last a week.
Reply 7
Applied to Manchester.

thanks

My SC came back in July and on 2nd August I got the notification to say the vacancy holder will be in touch shortly with a start date - still nothing yet which is very frustrating and SSCL are probably getting sick of me calling up for an update lol!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by dom_PZ

I have just been given a formal offer and a start date .. I also would like info regarding the training course and what to expect
Original post by Racaeldeano13
I have just been given a formal offer and a start date .. I also would like info regarding the training course and what to expect

How long has it taken you from the integrity checks to get a start date? Please
Original post by isabella23xx
How long has it taken you from the integrity checks to get a start date? Please

About 10 weeks
Original post by Racaeldeano13
About 10 weeks

Thanks are you Manchester...its been about 17 weeks now for us. Not sure why
Portsmouth
Reply 13
Original post by mj1120
My SC came back in July and on 2nd August I got the notification to say the vacancy holder will be in touch shortly with a start date - still nothing yet which is very frustrating and SSCL are probably getting sick of me calling up for an update lol!

Hi anything yet? I've just been told all checks passed and post holder will be in touch shortly......
Nothing. How can they take this long it's been over a year
Reply 15
Original post by isabella23xx
Nothing. How can they take this long it's been over a year

They must loose so many people . What a waste of our money as tax payers. I had to tell my current job due to thr checks and they are also snapped waiting for my notice to start my replacement
Reply 16
Evening everyone

Has anyone applied for Immigration Enforcement - National Command and Control Unit - Immigration Officers which closed in January 2024 ??
Reply 17
Finally got a start date for Border Force 1st May. Over a year after the interview.but so glad to have a date at last.
Original post by Mac 15
Finally got a start date for Border Force 1st May. Over a year after the interview.but so glad to have a date at last.
Great news. I’ve just completed the training
Reply 19
How was it. ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending