The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2014 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Nah M1 solomons were sometimes brutal :tongue:

I didn't find them that bad. I only did two, but I thought both were easier than the real thing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Original post by adi19956
I didn't find them that bad. I only did two, but I thought both were easier than the real thing

By real thing you mean June 2013 paper? I did most and they were much harder.
Reply 62
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
By real thing you mean June 2013 paper? I did most and they were much harder.

Yeah the most recent one. Well I think I mainly found it hard because of stress, it was my third exam that day on the first day of exams for me and I didn't enjoy my economics exam or C1 and just kind of panicked. Hoping for nice boundaries though

Reply 63
Guys,
I took in jan 2013 C1, C2 and in june 2013 M1, C3. In june 2014 can I take only C4, M2 only or will I have to resit C3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by AserO.
Guys,
I took in jan 2013 C1, C2 and in june 2013 M1, C3. In june 2014 can I take only C4, M2 only or will I have to resit C3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're happy with your mark you can definitely keep C3, it'll just carry over

Reply 65
Original post by AserO.
Guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you dont have to take C3 again because you have already done it so you will only have to take C4 and any other additional module. However if you get a bad grade in C3 you can resit it in June 2014
x×15(1+3x)4+(1+3x)5×1
=(1+3x)4(15x+1+3x)
I don't understand this simplification. Can someone please explain it to me? Thanks
Reply 67
Guys, should I complete my A-level in jan 2014 or june 2014. And please say why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by AserO.
Guys, should I complete my A-level in jan 2014 or june 2014. And please say why

Posted from TSR Mobile

No exams in Jan 2014 so you gotta do it June 2014
Reply 69
What do you guys expect in C3 of june 2013.
For me I expect 87-93.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by AserO.
What do you guys expect in C3 of june 2013.
For me I expect 87-93.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hoping for over 90%. I think the exam is going to be ridiculously easy as they over compensate for this year's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by adi19956
Hoping for over 90%. I think the exam is going to be ridiculously easy as they over compensate for this year's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

lol why would they do that ? they're gonna give either a harder-than-standard one , or a standard one. I highly doubt it will be as difficult as this years exam , but they wouldn't just give a piss-easy one and go extreme at the other end of the scale.
Hey Guys. Go to MIXED EXERCISE 4C, question 4b. It asks u to find an approximation of the root. However, the value of Xo is not given so I should I start this question? Thanks
Reply 73
Original post by CA$H KRAZE
Hey Guys. Go to MIXED EXERCISE 4C, question 4b. It asks u to find an approximation of the root. However, the value of Xo is not given so I should I start this question? Thanks

I'm guessing this refers to iteration. Just use any number really, try a close one to the root, and just keep on hitting enter on your calculator. :smile:
Hey guys how would you make the solution bank work on firefox? Thanks.
Original post by krisshP
I'm guessing this refers to iteration. Just use any number really, try a close one to the root, and just keep on hitting enter on your calculator. :smile:

yeah iteration. The root is between 1 &2. Why does the number have to be close to the root?
Reply 76
Original post by CA$H KRAZE
yeah iteration. The root is between 1 &2. Why does the number have to be close to the root?

Because you are trying to find THAT root and don't want to by mistake confuse it with another root, if u choose a number that is not so close you may be going closer to a different root and get the wrong answer.

Hope this makes sense
Original post by Faye_m
Because you are trying to find THAT root and don't want to by mistake confuse it with another root, if u choose a number that is not so close you may be going closer to a different root and get the wrong answer.

Hope this makes sense

Ok thanks. So what region of numbers should I use eg 0-5 or 0-2 or 1-2?? thanks
Reply 78
Original post by Fas
lol why would they do that ? they're gonna give either a harder-than-standard one , or a standard one. I highly doubt it will be as difficult as this years exam , but they wouldn't just give a piss-easy one and go extreme at the other end of the scale.
ve

One man mission to make A-levels harder, the man being Gove.
Original post by Arsey
ve

One man mission to make A-levels harder, the man being Gove.

unfortunately so ! doing AS Further Maths next year too , 6 modules all in May/June is gonna be dead fun :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending