The Student Room Group

Should amputations be brought in for people who stab?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23679132

A tragic story of a promising live taken and for what? Probably a gang initiation or something stupid.

The thing is, these people just don't care. If they kill the guy and get away with it, they are in the gang and they are a hard nut. If they get caught they go to prison (not for very long in the UK) and they are a hard nut. Either way they have that reputation and think they are as cool as ice.

I say if you chop their hands off it is pretty hard for them to continue with this level of 'respect' they believe the get from killing someone if they have no hands. I mean, sure, you killed someone before, but no gang wants an armless member and alone, you are at a severe disadvantage which makes it much harder to kill again.

Or maybe perform a vaginoplasty on them, if they can't fight with their fists 1v1 they are not a man and therefore do not deserve a dick. I highly doubt they would be willing to kill someone to get into a gang if possible consequences include that.

I know that this is extreme, but these people are scumbags who frankly deserve harsh punishments. They do not deserve a place in a prison, they should be scared with the mark of a coward and forced to live on the outside, not to be sent to prison so they can one day walk out and have people fear and respect them for what they did.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1

People on this site will attack you for promoting Shariah law lol.
Reply 2
Original post by GPODT
People on this site will attack you for promoting Shariah law lol.

But it is only for cowards who stab people, moreso for people thought to be in gangs. For example if someone was at a party and go into a fight, then later went back and stabbed them with a kitchen knife that wouldn't have this kind of punishment brought upon them. It would be down to the judge to decide.
Never stopped this guy

Reply 4
What a horridly outdated and ancient view. As a society we pride ourselves on our ability to separate ourselves from serious crimes such as murder and torture. Enforcing ridiculous, brutal and quite frankly barbaric punishments to scar those who have been unfortunate enough to have found themselves in crime is not what I would call the acts of a learned and fair society. Reform should be enforced in order to combat attitudes that you mention regarding pride from conviction, not horrific tortures that destroy all chances of future redemption. Society would benefit largely by dismissing the inhuman and ignorant view that all criminals involved in gangs are 'scumbags'. These people are often the most vulnerable and unfortunate in society and need help, not mutilation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
In my humble opinion, it certainly should. It definitely works in places like Saudi Arabia, where the law is implemented for theft.

In regards to Britain, social acceptance [as of now, since this can always subjectively change] will be the main obstacle.
I agree - knife crimes are pathetic and it takes a coward to upgrade from fists to knives, never mind hooded gangs carrying them.

Imagine if they're found guilty but the decision is overturned? Then you'd look like a right plank.
No. That is a silly idea, it is barbaric and disgusting. All you're doing is appeasing the scumbag immigrants who actually believe this is what their twisted interpretation of "God" wants.

Jail is what's needed. Stab someone, you go to jail for a minimum of 20 years. No exceptions. I seriously doubt some idiot 16 year old would risk going to jail until they're 36 just for the sake of stabbing someone. And if they're prepared to take that risk, then they're fully deserving of that jail term. If you kill, you're in prison for life. End of. Only way to deal with it.
Wait so if I kill a guy with a knife I get my hand chopped off (and go to prison?), if I kill a guy with a gun (or by any other method) I get to keep my hand...

If this gets introdced I may well have to get my hands (:P) on a gun, just incase.
Reply 9
What if an innocent person's hands get chopped off and a couple of months later he is proven innocent?
These stabbings are becoming all to common and will only get worst.
Britain should create cells and prisons that they use in Russia and the way its run, that would be the best solution.
Reply 10
Bloody hell. We got rid of quartering in the 18th century! I thought we were advancing. No, we shouldn't.

"An-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye ... ends in making everybody blind." - Gandhi
Reply 11
A bit on the extreme side....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
... But I have to admit it would deter some people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi19956
Bloody hell. We got rid of quartering in the 18th century! I thought we were advancing. No, we shouldn't.

"An-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye ... ends in making everybody blind." - Gandhi

Yh well Gandhi also said Britain should have surrendered to Nazi Germany and let them kill us so they would feel sorry lol
Reply 14
Backward idea (bet you're a muslim)

the state and our society is better than that despite the attempts of an imported faith to try and drag us backward

:angry:
Original post by PopaPork
Backward idea (bet you're a muslim)

the state and our society is better than that despite the attempts of an imported faith to try and drag us backward

:angry:

Think you probably lost that bet.
Reply 16
Original post by IdeasForLife
Think you probably lost that bet.

probably:tongue:
We are not barbarians.

Hands never grow back. What if you got the wrong man? What if that man was a worker who needed his hands? He'll be out of any legitimate way of earning money and be forced into more crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending