The Student Room Group

Gf broke up with me - should I fly over?

I was in a relationship with an amazing girl for a year, who I thought I was going to marry. We decided to take a short break over the Christmas holidays because she needed time to sort out some personal matters back in her home country.

During this break, a female friend needed a place to stay so asked if she could crash at mine for a week, which I agreed to. But on the last night before she left she ended up walking in my room completely naked and got into my bed and any guy who is single and has a naked girl in his bed wouldn’t be able to resist so we had sex.

However little did I know she ended up going crazy obsessed with me after and the next morning I woke up she was on a phone to her mum saying how she’s in a relationship with me. I was like wtf we’re not in relationship so I kicked her out.

I told my gf who I was on a break with that I wanted to get back together and we did. She flew back to my country and we was happy living together.

However this crazy girl ended up spam calling me and messaging me cause I was ghosting her and my gf picked up the phone and this crazy girl told her I was in relationship with her and we had sex etc etc.. this caused chaos and my gf completely broke down and was destroyed I’ve never seen someone so broken. This crazy girl kept messaging my gf saying so much and made lies about me saying I was in relationship with her for a year and that she regularly comes round me ne etc and other lies so my gf would end it so the crazy girl could have me to herself. AND it turns out when I was asleep that night we slept together she even took pictures naked laying next to me in bed and she sent them to my gf.

I tried saying it was all lies but my gf never believed me because there was literally photos of me sleeping naked and girls will always believe girls over a guy.

Then my gf gave me one chance to make it right if all 3 of us meet but the crazy girl called me saying she would stab my gf if she ever sees her so I declined to protect my gf but that was the last straw which made my gf think I was lying.

My gf was truly destroyed she cried for 3 days straight didn’t sleep but then one day she just snapped, she became like an empty soul I didn’t even recognise her she was just empty in side truly like a broken psychiatric patient and then she just got up left and flew back to her home country and never spoke to me again.

I tried messaging her many times but she’s never responded and eventually I managed to get through to her and she said she’s now happy in a new relationship with someone she loves so for me to leave her alone, I said I’ll fly over and she said no she’s happy and it’s over.

It’s now been 2 months since the breakup and I'm torn about whether I should fly over to try to win her back. In my heart I don’t want to give up, ESPECIALLY because the whole break up is based on complete lies from this crazy girl but I'm unsure if it's the right move considering she's already moved on with a new boyfriend.

Should I still go? And if so, should I inform her beforehand or surprise her by showing up? Or perhaps it's time for me to accept that it's over and focus on moving on myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I was in a relationship with an amazing girl for a year, who I thought I was going to marry. We decided to take a short break over the Christmas holidays because she needed time to sort out some personal matters back in her home country.

During this break, a female friend needed a place to stay so asked if she could crash at mine for a week, which I agreed to. But on the last night before she left she ended up walking in my room completely naked and got into my bed and any guy who is single and has a naked girl in his bed wouldn’t be able to resist so we had sex.

However little did I know she ended up going crazy obsessed with me after and the next morning I woke up she was on a phone to her mum saying how she’s in a relationship with me. I was like wtf we’re not in relationship so I kicked her out.

I told my gf who I was on a break with that I wanted to get back together and we did. She flew back to my country and we was happy living together.

However this crazy girl ended up spam calling me and messaging me cause I was ghosting her and my gf picked up the phone and this crazy girl told her I was in relationship with her and we had sex etc etc.. this caused chaos and my gf completely broke down and was destroyed I’ve never seen someone so broken. This crazy girl kept messaging my gf saying so much and made lies about me saying I was in relationship with her for a year and that she regularly comes round me ne etc and other lies so my gf would end it so the crazy girl could have me to herself. AND it turns out when I was asleep that night we slept together she even took pictures naked laying next to me in bed and she sent them to my gf.

I tried saying it was all lies but my gf never believed me because there was literally photos of me sleeping naked and girls will always believe girls over a guy.

Then my gf gave me one chance to make it right if all 3 of us meet but the crazy girl called me saying she would stab my gf if she ever sees her so I declined to protect my gf but that was the last straw which made my gf think I was lying.

My gf was truly destroyed she cried for 3 days straight didn’t sleep but then one day she just snapped, she became like an empty soul I didn’t even recognise her she was just empty in side truly like a broken psychiatric patient and then she just got up left and flew back to her home country and never spoke to me again.

I tried messaging her many times but she’s never responded and eventually I managed to get through to her and she said she’s now happy in a new relationship with someone she loves so for me to leave her alone, I said I’ll fly over and she said no she’s happy and it’s over.

It’s now been 2 months since the breakup and I'm torn about whether I should fly over to try to win her back. In my heart I don’t want to give up, ESPECIALLY because the whole break up is based on complete lies from this crazy girl but I'm unsure if it's the right move considering she's already moved on with a new boyfriend.

Should I still go? And if so, should I inform her beforehand or surprise her by showing up? Or perhaps it's time for me to accept that it's over and focus on moving on myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lol you blew it mate your loss is another person gain move on
Er, why are you trying to repeatedly claim this is all because of this girls 'lies' when you 100% did sleep with them? Also most people with self control would have been able to say no, you were just weak and disloyal.

Leave the girl alone, she made herself clear and you're the one who has brought all this and this crazy dangerous girl into her life.
If she is already in another relationship then flying to her will be wrong. It will be wrong to the guy who she loves because he doesn't deserve this drama, and wrong to your ex as well because even if she believes that you are telling the truth, she will then be torn between who to choose, you or her current bf.

Also, you cheated on her when you slept with that other girl. Yes, you guys were on a break but it wasn't the type of break where the couple agrees to sleep with others. Your gf just went to her home country and then you slept with another girl.

So it will be best if you move on as well.

"She said she’s now happy in a new relationship with someone she loves so for me to leave her alone"

Er, that's it. You're toast, burned by your own actions.
It’s game, set and match you trying to cover up your wrongdoings by taking it out on her she’s happy show you simply care by being that well wisher that wishes best for her and move on don’t invade and put your nose in between two people that are happy.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and give an unpopular opinion, fly out to go convince her but BE HONEST, don't try and shift the blame to the other girl, paint her as crazy or make it seem like she chained you to a wall to have sex. Its clear it was consensual and your responsible for your actions. Own up explain the situation and if she doesnt accept you it is what it is. You ****ed around behind her back and actions have consequences.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Er, why are you trying to repeatedly claim this is all because of this girls 'lies' when you 100% did sleep with them? Also most people with self control would have been able to say no, you were just weak and disloyal.

Leave the girl alone, she made herself clear and you're the one who has brought all this and this crazy dangerous girl into her life.

But the crazy girl told my gf that I was dating and having sex with her for the entire year and claimed we was in an official relationship sending her photos of me In bed. Which made it look like I had 2 girlfriends which was such a lie
Reply 8
Original post by NazifaNawer
If she is already in another relationship then flying to her will be wrong. It will be wrong to the guy who she loves because he doesn't deserve this drama, and wrong to your ex as well because even if she believes that you are telling the truth, she will then be torn between who to choose, you or her current bf.

Also, you cheated on her when you slept with that other girl. Yes, you guys were on a break but it wasn't the type of break where the couple agrees to sleep with others. Your gf just went to her home country and then you slept with another girl.

I understand but I really love her and the crazy girl has calmed down now and she apologised to me and said she can call my gf and admit it was a lie but she said that it would be pointless because my gf has already moved on and is no longer interested in hearing anything. But even the crazy girl has said she can admit the truth and that she realises how crazy and obsessive she got.
'any guy who is single and has a naked girl in his bed wouldn’t be able to resist so we had sex'

yuck yuck yuck, red flag. sort yourself out
I understand but I really love her and the crazy girl has calmed down now and she apologised to me and said she can call my gf and admit it was a lie but she said that it would be pointless because my gf has already moved on and is no longer interested in hearing anything. But even the crazy girl has said she can admit the truth and that she realises how crazy and obsessive she got.

You love her so much that you couldn't keep it in your pants at the first opportunity to sleep with someone else... Leave the girl alone, she has made it clear she doesn't want you back.

What did the Police say when you reported her threats and taking photos? Presumably the metadaat shows one date on them?
The word 'No' would have prevented this!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 12
Wow. This is Ross and Rachel but in real life?
Original post by NazifaNawer

You can't get her back but what you can do is make her forgive you by flying to her and explaining everything and admitting your mistake so that you can be at peace that your ex doesn't hate you to death.
No, she has moved on and made it very clear that she wants you to leave her alone.
Do not contact her again.
No cyber stalking or asking mutual friends for info about her either.

If you are genuinely unable to turn down the opportunity to have sex with willing female friends and other women who proposition you when wearing little or no clothing, steer clear of relationships.
Stick with ons or the hookup arrangements where everyone is honest about not being interested in anything monogomous.
Reply 15
Leaving aside the far fetched nature of the story, no I would not fly over. She has moved on, has a new boyfriend and you would be treated with hostility and would have wasted your money
You’ll be embarrassing yourself by flying over save any further embarrassment and don’t bother
Reply 17
You gave in too easily to temptation. She's gone mate. You'll meet someone else in tome
Next time don't sleep with someone else if you want to get back with your ex.

Why is the side chick a 'crazy girl'? You chose to have sex with her, painting it as 'Any guy wouldn't turn down a naked girl in bed for sex' is BS.

I have a gf but also my best friend is female and we plataonical sleep together sometimes (we go traveling and trust each other). But we don't end up having sex because we respect other others boundaries.

You've got yourself into this mess making the decision each time so now it's time to bear the consequences. As the saying goes 'You've made your bed, now go lay in it'
Your relationship ended as soon as you took that break she probably cheated on you when she went back home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending