The Student Room Group

Bath Or Nottingham Pharmacy Undergraduates

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there currently enrolled on a pharmacy course at bath or nottingham?

I would be extremely grateful if you could give an insight into what the course is like, are you enjoying it, would you recommend it etc?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hello, I'm about to go into my second year of the MPharm course at Bath!

During my first year we did modules in Chemistry (a step up from A level), Pharmacology, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical analysis and Pharmacy Practice.

The course itself is quite full-on from the word go tbh! The year starts off quite slow but definitely ramps up really quickly and you'll find yourself surrounded by work! But it's still do-able don't worry!

I'm finding the course at Bath to be really enjoyable actually! The work is varied (as you can see from my first year modules) and it's really interesting! The lecturers at Bath are all mostly really approachable and will answer any questions you have and will be prepared to go over anything you didn't get the first time. Most of the lecturers and staff that you're taught by are also actively researching and are making substantial contributions to the fields/areas in which they teach. The staff are great basically haha (In my opinion).

We have a few placements during the course to show us different areas of pharmacy 'in the flesh', Most unis have this now but its definitely something to look out for as its important! also during the first 3 years we don't get much choice as to which modules to study but in the 4th year you get to pick almost everything you study!

The only thing I would say about Bath is that the night-life in town isn't that great. There are a few good clubs and there's somewhere to go every night but it's nothing compared to a huge city like Manchester or London. The city itself however is beautiful and one of the safest places in the country. We've been rated the uni with the top student satisfaction this year as well so it's not all bad!

Best of luck wherever you decide to go!
Original post by jonesj94
Hello, I'm about to go into my second year of the MPharm course at Bath!

During my first year we did modules in Chemistry (a step up from A level), Pharmacology, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical analysis and Pharmacy Practice.

The course itself is quite full-on from the word go tbh! The year starts off quite slow but definitely ramps up really quickly and you'll find yourself surrounded by work! But it's still do-able don't worry!

I'm finding the course at Bath to be really enjoyable actually! The work is varied (as you can see from my first year modules) and it's really interesting! The lecturers at Bath are all mostly really approachable and will answer any questions you have and will be prepared to go over anything you didn't get the first time. Most of the lecturers and staff that you're taught by are also actively researching and are making substantial contributions to the fields/areas in which they teach. The staff are great basically haha (In my opinion).

We have a few placements during the course to show us different areas of pharmacy 'in the flesh', Most unis have this now but its definitely something to look out for as its important! also during the first 3 years we don't get much choice as to which modules to study but in the 4th year you get to pick almost everything you study!

The only thing I would say about Bath is that the night-life in town isn't that great. There are a few good clubs and there's somewhere to go every night but it's nothing compared to a huge city like Manchester or London. The city itself however is beautiful and one of the safest places in the country. We've been rated the uni with the top student satisfaction this year as well so it's not all bad!

Best of luck wherever you decide to go!

Hi i am going to be a student at bath this year and it would help me a lot if you can tell me how the lectures are like.... how long lectures are???? and how your timetable looks like... also say if you miss out on something in the lectures, i heard that there are online videos of the lectures... is this true?? could you tell me how your first week was like?? what did they teach you or was it more like getting to know everyone.... What about books??? do you buy the books yourself or can you get it from the library???
Sorry theres a lot of questions there :colondollar: but any help would be really appreciated
Reply 3
Original post by lifeisgood2012
Hi i am going to be a student at bath this year and it would help me a lot if you can tell me how the lectures are like.... how long lectures are???? and how your timetable looks like... also say if you miss out on something in the lectures, i heard that there are online videos of the lectures... is this true?? could you tell me how your first week was like?? what did they teach you or was it more like getting to know everyone.... What about books??? do you buy the books yourself or can you get it from the library???
Sorry theres a lot of questions there :colondollar: but any help would be really appreciated

Hey I went to Bath. Lecs are 50 mins long, workshops are twice as long. There weren't any online vids for any of my lecs, the powerpoints are online though. I think the first week was pretty easy going. All books are readily available in the library, I've only ever bought one book.

To the OP Bath is a good uni, quite strict on rules and can go over top with their standards, but will get you through in the end. Depending on where you're from, socially it might not be as great a city as others but on the education side it's good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending