The Student Room Group

international student clearing

so basically i'm an international student, and i originally applied through UCAS for pharmacy back in january. however since then i've been leaning more toward social science courses like psych and law. i'm wondering if i would be able to get a place in a social science course during clearing. there isn't much information online about changing courses in clearing so i'm just wondering if that's possible and what the process would look like?
Reply 1
Law is the most popular degree and second place is Psychology!!! :biggrin: lol
Yes you would but you would need to decline ALL your offers first and then it would depend on the course and university you want being in clearing. If it is at the same university you could ask the university whether you can swap. As far a Law and Psychology are concerned most top universities wont be in clearing and many top Law universities require LNAT to have been taken.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Yes you would but you would need to decline ALL your offers first and then it would depend on the course and university you want being in clearing. If it is at the same university you could ask the university whether you can swap. As far a Law and Psychology are concerned most top universities wont be in clearing and many top Law universities require LNAT to have been taken.

thanks for the reply
do you know if unis such as birmingham, leicester and nottingham go into clearing for social science courses? and i get my results in july instead of august (when i think uk students get a-level results), so would i be able to go into clearing before them?
Reply 4
Original post by wondji
thanks for the reply
do you know if unis such as birmingham, leicester and nottingham go into clearing for social science courses? and i get my results in july instead of august (when i think uk students get a-level results), so would i be able to go into clearing before them?

Nottingham and Leicester do go into Clearing, but you have to apply immediately, as they fill their places so fast.

Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Birbeck and Goldsmiths of UNIVERSITY OF LONDON are usually in Clearing for Law too.
Reply 5
Original post by thegeek888
Nottingham and Leicester do go into Clearing, but you have to apply immediately, as they fill their places so fast.

Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Birbeck and Goldsmiths of UNIVERSITY OF LONDON are usually in Clearing for Law too.

Was queen Mary in clearing for law last year? Also if they’re in clearing for law why are the grade requirements so high?
Reply 6
Bath is still accepting applications for Sociology, Social Policy, and Social Sciences - https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/sociology-social-policy-and-social-sciences/ - and for Criminology https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/criminology/
Reply 7
Original post by Natsusfume
Was queen Mary in clearing for law last year? Also if they’re in clearing for law why are the grade requirements so high?

Yes, it was and so was SOAS, City, RHUL, Goldsmiths, Birbeck, Brunel, Westminster and other lesser known universities in London.

QMUL offer has always been A*AA despite being in Clearing?! :frown:
Reply 8
Yea my offer for law is A*AA but I’m scared I won’t meet it, but hopefully they will take me if I get a grade below seeing as they do clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending