The Student Room Group

Access to HE courses

Hi,

I'm looking to start an Access to HE course this September, in English Literature. I'm based in East London, can anyone recommend a good college to go to? I'm happy to travel to Central London etc. Also, what degrees have you progressed onto after this course?

I got into the Undergraduate Certificate in English Literature at Cambridge, has anyone done this course before? And if so, what have you gone on to do? Did it help you get into uni?

It's a bit confusing because HE course are at level 3 and I would be required to get mostly distinctions. However, this Cambridge course is taught at level 4, but is only marked at credit/no credit. Trying to find my best option to get into uni for an english degree at the end of the day!

Thanks!
Original post by Wilby100
Hi,

I'm looking to start an Access to HE course this September, in English Literature. I'm based in East London, can anyone recommend a good college to go to? I'm happy to travel to Central London etc. Also, what degrees have you progressed onto after this course?

I got into the Undergraduate Certificate in English Literature at Cambridge, has anyone done this course before? And if so, what have you gone on to do? Did it help you get into uni?

It's a bit confusing because HE course are at level 3 and I would be required to get mostly distinctions. However, this Cambridge course is taught at level 4, but is only marked at credit/no credit. Trying to find my best option to get into uni for an english degree at the end of the day!

Thanks!

Birkbeck may be suitable. It offers Certificates of Higher Education in the evenings. If you want to do the curse in 1 year you can do the fllowing course available in Stratford and Bloomsbury, which includes an arts and humanities pathway which has a literature module:

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/study/2013/undergraduate/programmes/UCHHEIN9_C

They also offer a 2 year certificate in Literatures in English in Bloomsbury:

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/study/ce2013/englishliterature/awards/UEHLITER.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending