The Student Room Group

Too racy for homecoming?

So, I found a dress online that I am absolutely in love with!! It is the exact blush color I want, has some really cute trendy features and has sleeves that go to the elbow. It is loose fitted and overall very classy... except for the length... The dress is 30.5" long (Size small) and appears too short for my mom to possibly approve of. The model is 5'7 and I am 5'5. Will that make the appear more appropriate on my than the model. My measurements (Waist, bust, etc...) all suggest that I should get a small, but maybe a medium would be a better route, my only fear is that if I got it a size big it might look like a garbage bag. Does it look like it could be tailored? Please help because I really do love this dress.
http://www.tobi.com/product/51779-tobi-ever-so-scalloply-dress?color_id=70136
Reply 1
Original post by PinkChiffon
So, I found a dress online that I am absolutely in love with!! It is the exact blush color I want, has some really cute trendy features and has sleeves that go to the elbow. It is loose fitted and overall very classy... except for the length... The dress is 30.5" long (Size small) and appears too short for my mom to possibly approve of. The model is 5'7 and I am 5'5. Will that make the appear more appropriate on my than the model. My measurements (Waist, bust, etc...) all suggest that I should get a small, but maybe a medium would be a better route, my only fear is that if I got it a size big it might look like a garbage bag. Does it look like it could be tailored? Please help because I really do love this dress.
http://www.tobi.com/product/51779-tobi-ever-so-scalloply-dress?color_id=70136

Too short, looks more like a long top than a dress.
I think it is a really nice dress and think it would be appropriate for the occasion. You could wear it with tights, patterned tights might be good with it, also make sure you wear a really nice pair of knickers just incase an upskirt moment happens but personally I don't mind what I wear under dresses like that if know something like an upskirt moment happens as is nice

Quick Reply

Latest