What subject should I drop for A2?

After receiving my AS results, I'm unsure of what to drop. My results are:

Maths:A
Further maths: ( i still haven't done the full AS...only FP1 and S1) B
Biology:A
Physics:A
Chemistry:B
General studies:C

I'm hoping to apply for Medicine at Imperial, Southampton, Leicester and UCL this year, so I will definitely keep Biology,Maths and Chemistry and Physics.
I'm not really sure if taking further maths will give me any advantage through the application process. Do you think I should carry on with Further Maths AS as I only have one more module to do? If I drop it I can always use my S1 mark for my Maths A-level, meaning that I will have one less exam and I'd just have to take C3 &C4.
OR do you think I should drop FM and take the EPQ?
Also, should I cash in my result for General studies? I've heard that universities don't count it anyways and I did badly in it anyways.

Thank you so much in advance!
Reply 1
:bump:
In most cases further maths will not be treated as a separate A2 subject and will not count towards your AAA in the conditional offer.
Just remember that should you drop a subject after you hit submit on UCAS, you have to update each university so they know, as your application will be judged on the merits of the form. So even if you get an offer, if you drop FM before your exams, you still have to let the university know and they will be within their rights to withdraw or amend their offer as they see fit.
And yes, cash in general studies - nobody will care and it just makes life easier if everything is declared just in case things get complicated later down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending