Reasons the Green Party are idiots...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by otester
Do you have a link to that thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afraid not. Try searching. :holmes:
Original post by MatureStudent36
There's a lot of people who needed a new cause to follow. That's the only reason why I can think of that there is a political party with such crazy ideas that will destroy the economy.

This is a forum of children and young adults, and the UK's political education is completely on its arse. Do the maths.
Reply 22
Original post by mmmpie
I'm actually a Green Party member, but I don't agree with their energy policy. It isn't necessary to support every policy in detail to still agree with a party's priorities and ideals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Problem is, energy policy is probably the central pillar of any green manifesto. Isn't that like someone claiming to support UKIP even though they support the Euro?
Reply 23
Original post by Clip
Problem is, energy policy is probably the central pillar of any green manifesto. Isn't that like someone claiming to support UKIP even though they support the Euro?

It is like someone claiming to not support the unions even though they are in Labour? Oh wait...
Original post by Moosferatu
This is a nation of children and young adults, and the UK's political education is completely on its arse. Do the maths.

Fix'd :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Dez
It's always the same story when you look at a small party's manifesto. There'll be about 5% realistic, useful policy which they'll use if they get some microcosm of power, and the rest is just badly researched idealism and empty promises. You could do this analysis on any UK political party with 1 parliamentary seat or fewer and get pretty much the same results.

As parties grow their manifestos tend to mature and become more realistic. Right now it makes absolutely no difference what the Greens promise, since there's exactly 0% chance of them ever achieving it, hence why they simply rest their laurels on idealism until they get enough notice to actually make any useful changes.

You may be right that other small parties have impossible manifestos. But I don't think it should be legally OK for the Greens to make promises that are scientifically impossible.

Cheeky, but I like it :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by mmmpie
I'm actually a Green Party member, but I don't agree with their energy policy. It isn't necessary to support every policy in detail to still agree with a party's priorities and ideals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not about agreeing with their policies. It's about the fact that their policies are a mix of scientific impossibility, economic impossibility, contradictions and misinformation. You're supporting a party that is either completely scientifically and economically illiterate or engaged in deliberate deceit in order to win support. I think it's awful that they can legally be allowed to publish this manifesto.

It's all very well to support the 'ideals' of the Greens - no more CO2, for example. But if they have absolutely no way to achieve this ideal then what is the point of supporting them? I could start a party that believes in no more war, no more hunger, no poverty and a country where everyone is rich. But if all my policies are impossibilities, and I have no way to achieve these ideals, am I worthy of support?
Reply 28
Original post by Clip

Not exactly. More like being pro-Euro but supporting a different fiscal policy. I agree with the principle of having more renewables, reducing emissions, and so on - I just don't think the current policy goes about it the right way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by mmmpie
Not exactly. More like being pro-Euro but supporting a different fiscal policy. I agree with the principle of having more renewables, reducing emissions, and so on - I just don't think the current policy goes about it the right way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say you're like most Greens, then. You desperately want to support the party and the principles - the problem is that the actual policies are absurd.
Original post by Dez
UKIP's certainly far from immune from the idealism thing. I recall there was a similar thread to this one about UKIP's manifesto that pointed out quite a few faults. In fairness though, even the big parties are subject to it a little bit. It's just the nature of politics.

Indeed. UKIP being populist makes it worse. Say what the public want to hear.
Reply 31
Original post by paddyman4
You may be right that other small parties have impossible manifestos. But I don't think it should be legally OK for the Greens to make promises that are scientifically impossible.

If it were illegal for politicians to lie about scientific evidence, they'd basically just have to turn the Houses of Parliament into HM Prison Westminster.

Ah, if only… :moon:
And I entirely agree. I'm in favour of a lot of the ''green'' ideals. Unfortunatly i'm not sure if the party can actually deliver this. This goes with any party. ''Lower CO2 emmissions 50% by 2030!'' - ok how?
Reply 33
Original post by Clip
I would say you're like most Greens, then. You desperately want to support the party and the principles - the problem is that the actual policies are absurd.

I'm pretty much the same here. If there was a decent Left-wing libertarian Party with actual hold in my constituency and/or in parliament, that had better policies than the Greens I would switch to them in a heartbeat. People say "Switch to UKIP, or Labour, or Conservative or Lib Dem" but I simply don't agree with many of their principles or policies, and I hold an extreme disdain for one or two of them. Short of starting my own party, I don't really have many choices in the matter. Oh the woes of being a dirty, filthy, lefty, liberal.
Original post by SHallowvale
Indeed. UKIP being populist makes it worse. Say what the public want to hear.

UKIP recognises that the public can't handle the truth so they are pretending to be centrist libertarians to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And I entirely agree. I'm in favour of a lot of the ''green'' ideals. Unfortunatly i'm not sure if the party can actually deliver this. This goes with any party. ''Lower CO2 emmissions 50% by 2030!'' - ok how?

carriage.jpg

The Green Parties new Transport Policy
Reply 36
Original post by otester
UKIP recognises that the public can't handle the truth so they are pretending to be centrist libertarians to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently the public can't do a quick Google search to discover that UKIP are even more Authoritarian and just as right-wing as the Conservative Party.
Original post by CharlieTT
Apparently the public can't do a quick Google search to discover that UKIP are even more Authoritarian and just as right-wing as the Conservative Party.

So Authoritarian and extreme right wing are the Conservatives that they've.

Offered a vote on Europe.
Increased tax revenues from the richest in society.
Increased Tax breaks for the poorest in Society.
Increased public spending even though a drastic cut was needed.
Introduced a fairer student loans system.
Promoted export & manufacturing.
Closed the gap between rich and poor.

Shockingly right wing......oh that's right. Not very right wing. Infact they've managed to achieve most of the stuff that the traditional left offer
Original post by MatureStudent36
carriage.jpg

The Green Parties new Transport Policy

Come on, let's not be silly now.. :rolleyes:
Come on, let's not be silly now.. :rolleyes:
You a greenie? mate? *scowl* commie.. ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending