The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by PinkNailPolish
Sorry to ask again.. but does anyone know if we can mention or discuss a topical medical issue from our choice... or do they bring one up and ask us to discuss it??

Last year it was one of your own choosing. I have tried to keep up to speed with as much as I can, but there's literally so much that its impossible. I have one I've looked into in detail.
Reply 841
Original post by Sduff32
what time are you? mines at 10:50 and my flights like 7am :frown:

Holy moly, mine is at 10:20, we might be on the same plane haha, I'll have to get the stewardess to announce 'Any medical applicants on the plane, press the call button.' and then whatever happens on the plane is nothing personal :fight: Just kidding, I'm driving up there the night before, can't believe it's in a week :eek:
Reply 842
Original post by calum_c
Last year it was one of your own choosing. I have tried to keep up to speed with as much as I can, but there's literally so much that its impossible. I have one I've looked into in detail.

In general even if they bring up something you don't really know anything about it's okay as long as you give them logical answers.
Reply 843
Hey guys :biggrin: For anyone still waiting, I called today and they said they interview till march so they havent sent all their invites.

To those who have interviews, BEST OF LUCK! :colone:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Hey guys :biggrin: For anyone still waiting, I called today and they said they interview till march so they havent sent all their invites.

To those who have interviews, BEST OF LUCK! :colone:

Till March? Sounds exciting!

It has become routine for me to check every thread to see if there have been interviews given out, and when I see another batch, my heart breaks a tiny bit.
Reply 845
Original post by letsbehonest
Till March? Sounds exciting!

It has become routine for me to check every thread to see if there have been interviews given out, and when I see another batch, my heart breaks a tiny bit.

Lol don't worry. Your time will come :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Umm dumb question but what exactly is understanding of medical careers i really cant think atm. Is that like doctor skills, research, management, clinical, F1/F2 ect?
Reply 847
Original post by raveen789
Umm dumb question but what exactly is understanding of medical careers i really cant think atm. Is that like doctor skills, research, management, clinical, F1/F2 ect?

Think it's FY1/FY2 then how to progress to become a GP/Surgeon etc and what those steps are/how long it takes/if rotations are involved etc.
Reply 848
Original post by kevin braniff
did you do a reach program? Are you a RUK applicant?

I didn't do a reach program and I don't know what RUK is but I'm a Scottish applicant and I took a gap year
Reply 849
Just had my Glasgow interview :s
Reply 850
Original post by Herisson
Just had my Glasgow interview :s

How did it go? Any light you care to shed for us who have ours tomorrow? Hope all is well mate!
Reply 851
There's two stations and one will be about personal stuff and the other is about an ethics scenario which you choose
Reply 852
How did you get on? Happy with your interview?
Reply 853
Hah, no. The interviewers ran out of things to ask so there was an awkward silence near the end.
Reply 854
Aw man, that's odd. I don't know what I would do in that situation :s-smilie: I'm sure you're alright man, good luck with your application and thanks for the heads up.
Reply 855
Hah, no. The interviewers ran out of things to ask so there was an awkward silence near the end.

How many questions did they ask you?
There's two stations and one will be about personal stuff and the other is about an ethics scenario which you choose

Sounds like you did well though! Can I ask whether they used your PS and were the personal questions like about work exp or why medicine or why Glasgow? Any nhs? I'm dreading questions such as when did you get angry :s-smilie:
Reply 857
Just done mine as well. Went pretty well I think, but impossible to know. Had an interesting conversation at 2nd station and was gutted when the bell went haha.
Reply 858
This is for the people who have had their interview already or anyone else who knows about the following:

The second station/part of the interview which is to with ethics, how does it work? You mentioned you choose something before the interview.

Do you choose a 'heading' do you read an article or just a brief scenario? How many do you choose and from how many?

Plus, who do you discuss it with? A group of people/other applicants or the admission staff?

Thank you in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
You choose one scenario from three. I doubt I'm allowed to tell you any more. You talk with two people from each station but I doubt they are all in admissions since there's at least 24 of them.

That's okay! Great, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending