The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

I bet a virtual pound that some offers will come out tomorrow! I tell myself this everyday. Just trying to get my hopes up tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1201
Man it took so long to get to mid Feb and we're still waiting man this is hard work... have you guys managed to get into your backup options?
Last year the offers were received at 7 via Track. I'm looking forward to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1203
TSR.... your number one source for pre-med anxiety.
(edited 10 years ago)
People, are we going to be doing this every day until early March, when decisions are actually going to come out?:colone::colone::colone: Sigh* this is going to be the biggest anti-climax ever. :biggrin:
Nothing tonight people. I'm done with looking forwards to 7pm. Maybe March is when we'll hear. So annoyed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This wait is torture!!!
Just realised today is the 20th which is the day I thought decisions would come out. Ah, guess I lost out on the virtual cake :P Has anyone tried calling in recently?
There's still plenty time in the day for a decision, you could still get the virtual cake haha
Original post by Scottasaurus
There's still plenty time in the day for a decision, you could still get the virtual cake haha

Teehee, no, I give up.

*Runs off to the corner shop to buy herself some highly calorific chocolate cake*

^Let's all do this and stop wasting our lives waiting. :P
Original post by Cephalosporin
Teehee, no, I give up.

*Runs off to the corner shop to buy herself some highly calorific chocolate cake*

^Let's all do this and stop wasting our lives waiting. :P

Afraid I can't, I've got to be healthy so that I'm ready for a half marathon in June haha
Just realised today is the 20th which is the day I thought decisions would come out. Ah, guess I lost out on the virtual cake :P Has anyone tried calling in recently?

Why did you think the decisions would be out today?
Reply 1212
Original post by IngridK
I dont know about A levels, but in Scotland for highers its roughly 85%= A band one, 70%=A 60%=B and then C at 40/50 i think and then fail. Although they do alter these percentages a bit depending on how people are doing, so if the exam got generally lower results all over scotland then they shift the percentage for an A ect down a bit. Or up if its too easy.

[QUOTE="richtea5;46385054"]A*s be a bit complicated for some subjects at A-level. But as a general rule 90%= A*, 80%= A, 70%= B etc :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 1213
Original post by MOHSINM31
I bet a virtual pound that some offers will come out tomorrow! I tell myself this everyday. Just trying to get my hopes up tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like your out of pocket by one virtual pound. How does it feel to be virtually poorer?
Original post by Toub123
Looks like your out of pocket by one virtual pound. How does it feel to be virtually poorer?

Felt like sh*t for two days but now feeling better as I just got my third and last interview from St. Andrews for the 5th March. And now I can bet 5 virtual pounds (this is all my virtual money) that the offers will come from Glasgow before the fifth: I have a strong gut feeling.

So if I get an offer from Glasgow great; otherwise, I will have to learn a few magic tricks for St. Andrews in order to impress the interviewers.

I don't think my very first interview at Aberdeen went very well, so I've lost hope on that already! So if I get any news from Glasgow within the next two weeks, I hope it's good news. I hope it's good news for everyone here of TSR! May the odds be ever in your favour! Classic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Afraid I can't, I've got to be healthy so that I'm ready for a half marathon in June haha

Woot! Do you have a cause you are supporting or are you running for fun? :biggrin:...June. That's AGES away! I'd still eat junk AT LEAST until mid-March when this whole thing (thing = medicine related anxiety/whendoigettofindoutcanifindoutnow) is over.

Original post by lmccormick
Why did you think the decisions would be out today?

^Like MOHSINM31, I had a gut feeling. ....which turned out to be wrong.
Woot! Do you have a cause you are supporting or are you running for fun? :biggrin:...June. That's AGES away! I'd still eat junk AT LEAST until mid-March when this whole thing (thing = medicine related anxiety/whendoigettofindoutcanifindoutnow) is over.

Haha fair enough! Yeah I'm hoping they will come out next week. Even though I'm pretty sure I'll be rejected from Glasgow, the waits killing me! Lol

Running for fun atm but thinking of doing it for Macmillan. Its actually July haha so even longer. Its not a case of finishing because I could do it fine as is but I wsnt to get a great time too :biggrin: got my weekly 5K in Dundee tomorrow so that should be good
Reply 1218
Hey guys do offers and stuff get sent out on weekends too or do we have a break now?
Running for fun atm but thinking of doing it for Macmillan. Its actually July haha so even longer. Its not a case of finishing because I could do it fine as is but I wsnt to get a great time too :biggrin: got my weekly 5K in Dundee tomorrow so that should be good

:biggrin::biggrin: That's amazing. I can never imagine myself running marathons! I've only walked one once but that doesn't count. Literally the furthest I've ran non-stop is from where I live to the bus stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending