The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tibbz2
There are topic ideas like cataclysmic variables and stuff, but I just don't know how to make a question out of anything that would have a lot of research :redface: :colondollar:

Ohhh okay :lol: well i'm not the best person to talk about physics with, I'm not great at it :lol:
Reply 81
I started AS level (CCEA board) , I did the conversion of derived units (physical quantities) and homogeneous equations. I'm having difficulties, any links guys?
Reply 82
Original post by techno836
Ohhh okay :lol: well i'm not the best person to talk about physics with, I'm not great at it :lol:

:lol: Nobody at school likes it either, so I'm on my own for this I think! If I can't get a topic question before next week I can't do it! :frown:
Reply 83
Original post by Tibbz2
:lol: Nobody at school likes it either, so I'm on my own for this I think! If I can't get a topic question before next week I can't do it! :frown:

Hmmm try discussing it not with your EPQ teacher but your Science teachers :h:

and I just though of how x money from government could change how physics research effects day to day life or something :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by krisshP
Oh I just finished AS Physics and got my A :smile:.

I put a lot of resources here to help:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312846&page=2&p=42681001#post42681001

See the second post on that page.

Good luck

what ums% was it?
What has everyone learnt so far?-apart from recapping GCSE Atomic Theory and Electricity-I have done g=4pi^2(l/t^2) for a pendulum and specific charge=charge/mass.Everyone seems to have forgotten all their GCSE knowledge for some reason in my class.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by JPL9457
what ums% was it?

287/300
=95.7%
Reply 87
Original post by krisshP
287/300
=95.7%

congrats

how did you go from A*A in double science to such a great mark at physics
are you going to apply to oxford/cambridge? (you have above average, at least in physics, ums%)
Original post by JPL9457
any one taking physics, maths and further maths? (...)

I guess I count to them. I have taken mathematic at the same high level as physics.
Reply 89
Original post by JPL9457
congrats

how did you go from A*A in double science to such a great mark at physics
are you going to apply to oxford/cambridge? (you have above average, at least in physics, ums%)

Dunno, I just worked really hard and stayed on top of the immense workload.

Nope, my subject combination is a bit wrong.
Reply 90
Original post by JPL9457
any one taking physics, maths and further maths?

same, the maths so far is easy (personally, i have found chemistry to have more and harder maths)

I've just done
AS Maths
AS Physics

Doing AS F-Maths this year.:smile:
Reply 91
Original post by techno836
Hmmm try discussing it not with your EPQ teacher but your Science teachers :h:

and I just though of how x money from government could change how physics research effects day to day life or something :h:

Yeah I should probably speak to my Physics teacher, probably more help than most people who seem to not care about it
Reply 92
Original post by krisshP
Dunno, I just worked really hard and stayed on top of the immense workload.

Nope, my subject combination is a bit wrong.

what is your subject combination? are you going to apply at A2

physics has an immense workload??!! really?!
Reply 93
Original post by JPL9457
what is your subject combination? are you going to apply at A2

physics has an immense workload??!! really?!

AS Maths-A
AS Physics-A
AS chemistry -A
AS Business Studies-B

Taking off Chem for F-maths

Applying@a2
Reply 94
Original post by krisshP
AS Maths-A
AS Physics-A
AS chemistry -A
AS Business Studies-B

Taking off Chem for F-maths

Applying@a2

what was your ums %? and what were your gcses, seeing as you got A*A and not A*A*, i think applying to cambridge is a better option than oxford
Reply 95
Doing AQA. The particle physics stuff is really interesting and enjoyable! But I am dreading electricity :-(
Original post by Dalek1099
What has everyone learnt so far?-apart from recapping GCSE Atomic Theory and Electricity-I have done g=4pi^2(l/t^2) for a pendulum and specific charge=charge/mass.Everyone seems to have forgotten all their GCSE knowledge for some reason in my class.

We're doing Mechanics with one teacher and Waves with the other. Neither seem too hard yet but Waves has never been my favourite topic so I'm not enjoying that as much as the Mechanics bit :frown:
Reply 97
Well at least you're all doing semi-interesting things, which is good to hear... Lenses for me *puke*
Original post by Tibbz2
Well at least you're all doing semi-interesting things, which is good to hear... Lenses for me *puke*

Did you mean the optic physics? So I suppose that you are studying the physics of light at the moment, aren't you?
Reply 99
Original post by Kallisto
Did you mean the optic physics? So I suppose that you are studying the physics of light at the moment, aren't you?

what does your sig mean?

Latest