The Student Room Group

International Relations Application 2014

Hi guys!
I'm an international student looking for good universities to apply to for an International Relations course, but I would prefer a uni where I can do joint honours with a language. Any suggestions?

Also, I was looking into University of Leeds for this and their IR degrees are worded a bit weird to me. For example, (Arabic and IR) or (IR and French). I was wondering if that mattered as to which degree is dominant in the joint honours? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I'm not really familiar with the English system.

Thanks for the input!
Reply 1
I don't think it matters. The courses are divided equally, you just have fewer options for other u necessary modules. Have you decided what your doing now? Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'm from Belize. I ended choosing single honors International Relations though :smile:
Original post by aalightburn
I'm from Belize. I ended choosing single honors International Relations though :smile:

St Andrews is renowned for IR. I do IR and Arabic and it's great. It's a 50/50 split
Reply 4
Original post by Calllu-m
St Andrews is renowned for IR. I do IR and Arabic and it's great. It's a 50/50 split

it's a little too late for me to switch schools and it would be harder since i'm an international students. I'm pretty jealous as i still want to do arabic. i guess i'll have to learn on my own. :frown:
Original post by aalightburn
it's a little too late for me to switch schools and it would be harder since i'm an international students. I'm pretty jealous as i still want to do arabic. i guess i'll have to learn on my own. :frown:

It'd be easy to get into St Andrews as an international student. Where are you going to uni?
Reply 6
Go to SOAS, they have IR along with tons of languages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending