The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS University of London Clearing 2023

This is a thread to discuss SOAS University of London for Clearing 2023.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

You can find more support in our Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

Good luck with everything!

Scroll to see replies

hi hi this may be a dumb question but for clearing, can a person apply through clearing to lnat universities with the expected grades they (the uni) want but did not do the lnat exam at all for that year? If it sounds daft or is an absolute no, please feel free to ignore this - thank you!

Only asked since SOAS is one of the lnat unis ^^
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by Anonymous
hi hi this may be a dumb question but for clearing, can a person apply through clearing to lnat universities with the expected grades they (the uni) want but did not do the lnat exam at all for that year? If it sounds daft or is an absolute no, please feel free to ignore this - thank you!

Only asked since SOAS is one of the lnat unis ^^

Hi!

This is not a dumb question at all! At SOAS, the LNAT is only required if you are not applying with A-level or IB grades. So if you are applying to clearing with one of these qualifications, feel free to call SOAS's clearing hotline on the 17th August. Further details about clearing, including out hotline number can be found on our clearing webpage.

If you are applying with qualifications other than A-levels or IB, then the LNAT would be required. You can read more about our LNAT requirements for non-standard qualifications here.

If you have anymore questions about this, you can always email [email protected]

I hope that this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

- K (BSc Accounting and Finance)
Hi there! Thank you so much for answering! Really appreciate it :biggrin:
Hi there! Thank you so much for answering! Really appreciate it :biggrin:

Sorry for the double post - for law, I see many options at soas but which one is the qualifying degree? 😅
Sorry for the double post - for law, I see many options at soas but which one is the qualifying degree? 😅

Hi again!

SOAS's qualifying law degree is its LLB Single Honours. You can find additional details about the course here.

I hope that this helps!

Ah that's great - thank you for your help! :smile:
Reply 7
Hello! What is the International Baccalaureate entry requirement for the East Asian Studies and International Relations course? According to the website, it's 33 points (ABB), but the requirements on the UCAS website are stated as 35 points (AAB). Which is the correct requirement for Clearing this year?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Uranibor
Hello! What is the International Baccalaureate entry requirement for the East Asian Studies and International Relations course? According to the website, it's 33 points (ABB), but the requirements on the UCAS website are stated as 35 points (AAB). Which is the correct requirement for Clearing this year?

Hi!

From my understanding, the International Baccalaureate entry requirement for East Asian Studies is 33 points (ABB) and the entry requirement for International Relations is 35 points (AAB).

For a dual degree (East Asian Studies and International Relations), the entry requirement is the same as the subject with the higher requirement. So in this case that would be International Relations, making the overall entry requirement for the dual degree 35 points (AAB).

Make sure you call the hotline as early as possible on the 17th of August, as you may find that the entry requirements are lower and spaces do go very quickly. Further details about clearing, including out hotline number can be found on our clearing webpage.

I hope that this helps and makes sense. Please let us know if you have any other questions and good luck with results day!

Reply 9
Original post by SOAS Official Student Rep Two
Hi!

From my understanding, the International Baccalaureate entry requirement for East Asian Studies is 33 points (ABB) and the entry requirement for International Relations is 35 points (AAB).

For a dual degree (East Asian Studies and International Relations), the entry requirement is the same as the subject with the higher requirement. So in this case that would be International Relations, making the overall entry requirement for the dual degree 35 points (AAB).

Make sure you call the hotline as early as possible on the 17th of August, as you may find that the entry requirements are lower and spaces do go very quickly. Further details about clearing, including out hotline number can be found on our clearing webpage.

I hope that this helps and makes sense. Please let us know if you have any other questions and good luck with results day!

Thanks very much! Yes, this makes perfect sense. I really appreciate your quick reply.
Hi, does SOAS have an entry requirement for Law M100 in Clearing?
Hi, does SOAS have an entry requirement for Law M100 in Clearing?

Hello!

I recommend you try calling SOAS's clearing hotline on Thursday to find out more about the entry requirements if you'd like to apply. It's likely that most of SOAS's programmes will be available in clearing so its definitely worth giving them a call!

Good luck for results day!

- Monica (MA Social Anthropology SOAS)
Hi hi! Do you recommend calling early for clearing to ask if the course is available then decline your firm and then call back or do you decline first then call to enquire? It does sound riskful
Hi hi! Do you recommend calling early for clearing to ask if the course is available then decline your firm and then call back or do you decline first then call to enquire? It does sound riskful

Hello!

You dont need to decline your firm inorder to call us to enquire! here's the number for SOAS'S Clearing hotline: 0203 912 6580

Good Luck!
Monica (MA Social Anthropology SOAS)
Reply 14
hiya, i’ve got a provisional offer for soas through clearing i was wondering when i would get an answer from the admissions team
Original post by amiturps
hiya, i’ve got a provisional offer for soas through clearing i was wondering when i would get an answer from the admissions team

Hi, congratulations on your offer!

I am so sorry, but I cannot provide any time frames right now, as we have received a large number of applications. Please rest assured that our admissions team are working very hard and are trying to respond ASAP to each applicant.

When you call the clearing number, our hotline staff fill in your application details and submit it to our admissions team for processing. Once admissions have reviewed the application, they send out an email with updates and details on the next steps.

If you have already received an email, please follow the instructions on there. If you are yet to receive one, don't worry it will hopefully come through soon!

If you have any questions or want us to clarify anything, please feel free to call our clearing hotline number again: 0203 912 6580

Reply 16
Hi,

When is enrolment??
Original post by arhhm
Hi,

When is enrolment??

Hi!

So, as of yesterday, they have begun to send out enrolment emails. Don't worry if you haven't received one yet, they will continue to send them out over the next few weeks. This email will contain your student ID number, student email and how to enroll.

Reply 18
Hi, I am an international student looking to apply to SOAS for the management course. I haven't been able to call the hotline since I live abroad. I wanted to ask how the student environment is and how most classes are taught/graded. Can you share your personal experience? Also, how are the sports societies and lastly, which accommodation would you recommend?
Reply 19
I doubt there’s accomodation options available since course is about to start. Try emailing their clearing office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending