The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

ISPP with Pol / Politics and Economics at LSE

Hi I’m looking forward to apply to LSE for 2024 intake. I’m an international student and at first I wanted to apply for International Social & Public Policy with Politics but other than that, I may also want to apply to Oxford PPE and Politics & International Relations at other unis. Reminiscing that we only need to write one personal statement, do you guys think changing the decision from ISPP with pol to Politics and Economics is a good idea(?) In order to be able to cover an equal detail of politics, international relations and economics in one personal statement? Also, is the acceptance rate for international students for Politics and Economics high? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m looking forward to apply to LSE for 2024 intake. I’m an international student and at first I wanted to apply for International Social & Public Policy with Politics but other than that, I may also want to apply to Oxford PPE and Politics & International Relations at other unis. Reminiscing that we only need to write one personal statement, do you guys think changing the decision from ISPP with pol to Politics and Economics is a good idea(?) In order to be able to cover an equal detail of politics, international relations and economics in one personal statement? Also, is the acceptance rate for international students for Politics and Economics high? Thank you

1. ISSPP has 10 applicants per place applying.

2. Politics and Economics has 13 applicants per place.

3. PPE has 16 applicants per place.

4. I would apply for ISSPP, as quite a lot of Internationals are accepted. But if you want to study Economics, then go for Politics and Economics and if you want a 4 year degree course go for PPE.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888

4. I would apply for ISSPP, as quite a lot of Internationals are accepted. But if you want to study Economics, then go for Politics and Economics and if you want a 4 year degree course go for PPE.

I see. Does this mean that ISSPP would only accept 10 applicants per school applying?
Reply 3
I see. Does this mean that ISSPP would only accept 10 applicants per school applying?

No, sometimes there are between 4 to 6 applicants from the same school accepted on the same degree course at LSE, usually top private schools and top grammar state schools and academies. :smile:
Reply 4
No, sometimes there are between 4 to 6 applicants from the same school accepted on the same degree course at LSE, usually top private schools and top grammar state schools and academies. :smile:

I see. Thank you!!
I heard ISPP with Politics sucks and that nearly 25% wind up requesting a change to Politics alone. PPE at LSE is 4 years, not 3 years. So your best bet is to go for Politics & Economics as that is one of the most well-respected courses at LSE and employers take note of it. The acceptance rate is not that different from the other two courses. Everything is hard to get into at LSE, so you might as well go for the best course for you.
Reply 6

what did you pick in the end. I am applying to Politics and Economics
Reply 7
Hi I am also interested in ISPP. Do you guys have any insights on student satisfaction; I know it is not as well regarded as PPE but from my understanding it is still good.
Reply 8

How do you know that a lot of Internationals are accepted for ISPP
Original post by VDEE517
How do you know that a lot of Internationals are accepted for ISPP

LSE has 70% International students afterall!!! 🙂 lol
Reply 10
Original post by hr27
what did you pick in the end. I am applying to Politics and Economics

Sorry for the late replyy, I’m applying for IR only
What was you guy’s personal statement about? Mine was more politics and public policy focused and a bit more ppe based so dunnonif thats a good thing or a bad thing. Has anyone received an offer for ISPP with politics/economics? When anyone does pls post it here!
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #1

P + IR at LSE is difficult to get into than most other unis like 7% acceptance rate so would try UCL that's where im applying better chances plus better rank
Reply 13
Original post by VDEE517
P + IR at LSE is difficult to get into than most other unis like 7% acceptance rate so would try UCL that's where im applying better chances plus better rank

which courses in UCL?
Does anyone know when they might be sending out ISPP offers for those who applied in December?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending