The Student Room Group

Wasp sting

My little brother just got stung by a wasp coming from school and all we can do to relieve the pain is to ice it, is there anything else we can do?

p.s. quote me when replying please :smile:
Original post by SharminaSyeda
My little brother just got stung by a wasp coming from school and all we can do to relieve the pain is to ice it, is there anything else we can do?

If you can get to a chemists go and ask for some hydrocotisone cream. It will relieve the itching and bring down the swelling. You could also get some germolene (the one with local anaesthetic) for the pain after rubbing in the hydrocortisone completely. Ibuprofen should also help. If he's having a mild reaction (small amount of localised swelling and itching) you could give him some antihistamines. If its swelling a lot, very painful and he's having any trouble breathing/eyes watering or swelling, then it would be a good idea to get him to a doctor or A&E.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
If you can get to a chemists go and ask for some hydrocotisone cream. It will relieve the itching and bring down the swelling. You could also get some germolene (the one with local anaesthetic) for the pain after rubbing in the hydrocortisone completely. Ibuprofen should also help. If he's having a mild reaction (small amount of localised swelling and itching) you could give him some antihistamines. If its swelling a lot, very painful and he's having any trouble breathing/eyes watering or swelling, then it would be a good idea to get him to a doctor or A&E.

My mum doesn't really wanna give him medication cos he's still quite young, is there any alternative? :smile:
My mum doesn't really wanna give him medication cos he's still quite young, is there any alternative? :smile:

These are all either topical creams you can use over the counter and safe for children, or ibuprofen, which one tablet will be safe. I wouldn't consider germolene medication, its just antiseptic cream with anaesthetic.

Its probably a bit late now to go and ask a pharmacist for advice now.
Reply 4

Put salt on it.
Works for Bee stings.

Yeah, I'd go for salt too.
Reply 6

Onion works for bee stings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest